HORSE RELATED TRIVIA

Started by Raven, October 30, 2013, 12:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flanders

Name the mare who produced 3 stallions, all by different sires, who each sired a Breeders Cup winner. 
hint 1)One sired 2 winners and the others had one winner each.
hint 2)All the sons competed in at least one of the Triple Crown races, as well
hint 3)2 of the sons WON Triple Crown races, the other finished last in his race
hint 4)mare was a Broodmare of the Year
hint 5)two of the sons, even though sold as yearlings, retired to the farm of their birth to remain for the entirety of their stallion careers, the lesser accomplished son started his career in Florida but eventually earned his way to Kentucky, unfortunately dying just a few years later

Catalina

Anecdotal evidence says this might be Best in Show, but I cannot find any pedigree info to back that up.

Flanders

No.  These were all US based horses.  I added some more hints.

curtis

The clues are making my head hurt.;)  Weekend Surprise?

Flanders

Quote from: curtis on November 15, 2013, 12:12:03 PM
The clues are making my head hurt.;)  Weekend Surprise?
Correct :)

curtis

Name the late Bobby Frankel's first Grade 1 winner and the race in which he won.

mchorseracecall

Let me repeat my trivia question, before Curtis's:

These two horses were finished first and second in two different orders in the King George at Ascot and the Irish Champion Stakes at Leopardstown, they were ridden by two great European champion jockeys, one of the horses won the Hong Kong Cup before their rivalry of these two prestigious races from Europe, and the Breeders' Cup Turf at Belmont Park, the same year he finished second in the King George, but defeated his rival in the Irish Champion Stakes, what are the names of these two horses in a rivalry in the King George and the Irish Champion Stakes?

(Hint: One of them is owned by Godolphin)

curtis

Quote from: mchorseracecall on November 15, 2013, 04:13:54 PM
Let me repeat my trivia question, before Curtis's:

These two horses were finished first and second in two different orders in the King George at Ascot and the Irish Champion Stakes at Leopardstown, they were ridden by two great European champion jockeys, one of the horses won the Hong Kong Cup before their rivalry of these two prestigious races from Europe, and the Breeders' Cup Turf at Belmont Park, the same year he finished second in the King George, but defeated his rival in the Irish Champion Stakes, what are the names of these two horses in a rivalry in the King George and the Irish Champion Stakes?

(Hint: One of them is owned by Godolphin)
Fantastic Light and Galileo.

Raven

Quote from: curtis on November 15, 2013, 03:43:03 PM
Name the late Bobby Frankel's first Grade 1 winner and the race in which he won.

Bertrando?

Pacific Classic?

That's only a guess!!
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

Flanders

Life Cycle in the 1973 Hollywood Invitational Turf Handicap(which is now the Charles Whittingham Memorial Handicap)?

curtis

Quote from: Flanders on November 15, 2013, 05:56:37 PM
Life Cycle in the 1973 Hollywood Invitational Turf Handicap(which is now the Charles Whittingham Memorial Handicap)?
You got it!

mchorseracecall

Quote from: curtis on November 15, 2013, 04:32:29 PM
Fantastic Light and Galileo.

Fantastic Light And Galileo is the correct answer to my trivia question. :rhrse:

Blue Jeans

Question:   not associated with Thoroughbreds

Born in Canada, the son of an Indian chief ..... excelled in sports .... had been a stuntman before becoming an actor and co-starred in many films with another well known actor.  Later bred and raced Standardbred horses in his spare time ... especially liked harness racing.

In his fifties, he starred in the 1969 film True Grit.

Name him. 
A horse doesn't care how much you know, until he knows how much you care. ~Pat Parelli

Horse sense, n.: Stable thinking. ~Author Unknown

Catalina

Jay Silverheels, of Tonto fame.

Print
User actions