HORSE RELATED TRIVIA

Started by Raven, October 30, 2013, 12:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven

What thoroughbred horse's skeleton was on display at the American Museum of Natural History?

Not anymore as it's stored off site now
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

Ballerina

What was the name of Secretariat's first foal and the name of the dam? 
Life is what happens to you when you're making other plans.

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

Ballerina

Quote from: Raven on November 09, 2013, 05:45:35 PM
What thoroughbred horse's skeleton was on display at the American Museum of Natural History?

Not anymore as it's stored off site now

Sysonby.

Since I answered Catalina's question, I posted a question above this response.

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

Raven

Fair enough!

Ballerina

Quote from: Raven on November 09, 2013, 06:47:30 PM
Fair enough!

Do you agree with my response to your question?

Raven

Quote from: Ballerina on November 09, 2013, 06:49:11 PM
Fair enough!

YES!   Sorry!

Ballerina

Quote from: Raven on November 09, 2013, 07:00:58 PM
Quote from: Ballerina on November 09, 2013, 06:49:11 PM
Fair enough!

YES!   Sorry!

There are several in the Chubb collection.  Not sure if this was the horse you had in mind.

Now to repeat my question - the name of Secretariat's first foal and the name of the dam.

KimmieB

Quote from: Ballerina on November 09, 2013, 07:12:11 PM

There are several in the Chubb collection.  Not sure if this was the horse you had in mind.

Now to repeat my question - the name of Secretariat's first foal and the name of the dam.

That was an Appy named First Secretary. If I remember correctly the mare was a nurse mare on the farm. Name was Lola or something like that.

I remember being 10 and shocked when I read that in a book. I didn't think you could cross-breed horses at the time.

Blue Jeans

You folks are confusing me with these rules.  But, then I'm confused what profanity is ... these days .... at 'another site'! 

Princequillo was easy!  I, Blue Jeans, was bred to his son Prince Blessed.  We produced Ole Bob Bowers ... who 'blessed' the racing world with the famous John Henry.   

Princequillo and I were born the same year, but so were Count Fleet, Triple Crown Winner of '43, John Lennon, the Beatle, and Lassie, the dog.   :happy:

A horse doesn't care how much you know, until he knows how much you care. ~Pat Parelli

Horse sense, n.: Stable thinking. ~Author Unknown

Ballerina

Quote from: KimmieB on November 09, 2013, 09:54:04 PM
That was an Appy named First Secretary. If I remember correctly the mare was a nurse mare on the farm. Name was Lola or something like that.

Winner, winner.  Leola was the mare.

http://barnlot.tripod.com/firstsecretarynarr.html

mchorseracecall

This horse won the Melbourne Cup. Two years after he won the Melbourne Cup, his last race was the victory in the Agua Caliente Handicap at Agua Caliente Racetrack in Tijuana, Mexico. In 1983, there was a movie made about this champion racehorse, what is the name of this famous racehorse who won both the Melbourne Cup, and the Agua Caliente Handicap near the Mexican border?

BaroqueAgain1

Phar Lap.
Too easy.

mchorseracecall

This horse won the Melbourne Cup by defeating another horse from the same country as him, who finished second in the race, and both of them are from outside of Australia and the United States, what is the name of this winner of the Melbourne Cup?

Catalina

Makybe Diva?

mchorseracecall

Quote from: Catalina on November 10, 2013, 08:31:13 PM
Makybe Diva?

Makybe Diva is the incorrect answer to my trivia question, let me repeat my trivia question:

This horse won the Melbourne Cup by defeating another horse from the same country as him, who finished second in the race, and both of them are from outside of Australia, New Zealand, and the United States, what is the name of this winner of the Melbourne Cup?

(Hint: After Makybe Diva won three Melbourne Cups in 2003, 2004, 2005)

Print
User actions