HORSE RELATED TRIVIA

Started by Raven, October 30, 2013, 12:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catalina

Delta Blues, who defeated Pop Rock, also from Japan in 2006.

mchorseracecall

Delta Blues is the correct answer to my trivia question.

Catalina

Once upon a time, a famous American actor owned a steeplechaser that actually came in third in the Grand National.  Name the horse.

Blue Jeans

Quote from: Catalina on November 11, 2013, 12:37:38 PM
Once upon a time, a famous American actor owned a steeplechaser that actually came in third in the Grand National.  Name the horse.

I'll take a stab.  Different Class owned by Gregory Peck.  Year 1968.

A horse doesn't care how much you know, until he knows how much you care. ~Pat Parelli

Horse sense, n.: Stable thinking. ~Author Unknown

Catalina

Quote from: Blue Jeans on November 11, 2013, 01:00:30 PM
Quote from: Catalina on November 11, 2013, 12:37:38 PM

I'll take a stab.  Different Class owned by Gregory Peck.  Year 1968.

Wow!  I am impressed - that is the right answer!

Blue Jeans

Two trivia questions in one:

Whirlaway was the TC winner in the year 1941. 

Who was the horse born the year 1941 but missed being a TC winner by coming in second in the Belmont after winning the KD and Preakness? 

Who was the horse that denied him being a TC winner? 

A horse doesn't care how much you know, until he knows how much you care. ~Pat Parelli

BaroqueAgain1

Derby & Preakness winner Pensive was beaten by Bounding Home in the 1044 Belmont.

Blue Jeans

Cheers!  You got both correct.

We'll forgive the typo .... year was 1944.   :hug:

Bounding Home was the TC's first spoiler.  Pensive was the first to lose a TC by coming in second in the Belmont after winning the first two legs of the TC races.

Raven

Who was Alydar named after?
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

Flanders

Quote from: Raven on November 11, 2013, 04:55:58 PM
Lucille Markey liked to address Prince Aly Khan as "Aly Darling".  So she named a colt, Alydar, after him.  Prince Aly Khan was the father of the current Aga Khan.  I remember reading that in "A Wild Ride".

Name the mare who produced 3 different stallions who each sired a Breeders Cup winner.

Raven

Correct!! 
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

mchorseracecall

These two horses were finished first and second in two different orders in the King George at Ascot and the Irish Champion Stakes at Leopardstown, they were ridden by two great European champion jockeys, one of the horses won the Hong Kong Cup before their rivalry of these two prestigious races from Europe, and the Breeders' Cup Turf at Belmont Park, the same year he finished second in the King George, but defeated his rival in the Irish Champion Stakes, what are the names of these two horses in a rivalry in the King George and the Irish Champion Stakes?

Catalina

Quote from: Flanders on November 12, 2013, 01:00:23 AM
Quote from: Raven on November 11, 2013, 04:55:58 PM
Lucille Markey liked to address Prince Aly Khan as "Aly Darling".  So she named a colt, Alydar, after him.  Prince Aly Khan was the father of the current Aga Khan.  I remember reading that in "A Wild Ride".

Name the mare who produced 3 different stallions who each sired a Breeders Cup winner.

That's a hard one, at least for me.  My guess would be Terlingua.

Flanders

Quote from: Catalina on November 12, 2013, 05:25:33 PM
Quote from: Flanders on November 12, 2013, 01:00:23 AM

That's a hard one, at least for me.  My guess would be Terlingua.
No.

BaroqueAgain1

Cee's Song?

Print
User actions