HORSE RELATED TRIVIA

Started by Raven, October 30, 2013, 12:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven

To start with.   Easy one!!  LOL.

Which horse is the only one to win the Canadian International three times?
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

BaroqueAgain1

Joshua Tree.  ;D

Raven

This horse has won five straight HOTY awards. 
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

serenassong

Kelso- they just don't make them like that anymore.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

Blue Jeans

Another easy one ....

Name and age of oldest broodmare that foaled a Triple Crown winner.  Name of foal, please.
A horse doesn't care how much you know, until he knows how much you care. ~Pat Parelli

Horse sense, n.: Stable thinking. ~Author Unknown

WarBiscuit

Somethingroyal, at age 18, I believe.  Can't remember the name of the foal though...

(Secretariat  ;)

WarBiscuit

Blue Jeans

Quote from: WarBiscuit on November 03, 2013, 10:46:35 AM
Somethingroyal, at age 18, I believe.  Can't remember the name of the foal though...

(Secretariat  ;)

WarBiscuit

Good guess.  :hug:  Eighteen is right.  How old was his sire?   8)
A horse doesn't care how much you know, until he knows how much you care. ~Pat Parelli

Blue Jeans

Name the two BC Classic first runners-up ... that placed twice ... both in consecutive years.

curtis

Alysheba, Mucho Macho Man

Blue Jeans

Quote from: curtis on November 04, 2013, 05:27:57 PM

Let me try to word the above question better:

Tiznow is the only two-time winner of the Classic.

Who were the two horses that came in second twice in the Classic's history.  Name the horses and the years they placed second.  They are the only two-time first runners-up in Classic history. 

curtis

Quote from: Blue Jeans on November 05, 2013, 06:29:29 AM

Who were the two horses that came in second twice in the Classic's history.  Name the horses and the years they placed second.  They are the only two-time first runners-up in Classic history.

When I think of first-runners-up I think of a beauty pageant.  Medaglia d' Oro finished second in, I believe 2002 and 2003.  I am sure about 2003 since I was there, I can't remember if the other time was the year before or after.  Gate Dancer, crossed the line second in both of the first two runnings (1984 and 1985?), however he was found guilty by association with earmuffs in the first running and was officially placed third.

Blue Jeans

Quote from: curtis on November 05, 2013, 11:31:33 AM
Quote from: Blue Jeans on November 05, 2013, 06:29:29 AM

When I think of first-runners-up I think of a beauty pageant.  Medaglia d' Oro finished second in, I believe 2002 and 2003.  I am sure about 2003 since I was there, I can't remember if the other time was the year before or after.  Gate Dancer, crossed the line second in both of the first two runnings (1984 and 1985?), however he was found guilty by association with earmuffs in the first running and was officially placed third.

You're right about Medaglia d'Oro (2002-03) and Gate Dancer (1984-85).  Got the info from ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breeders%27_Cup_Classic_top_three_finishers

Unaware of the DQ of Gate Dancer.  Interesting.
Edit: Gate Dancer .... not Gate Dreamer!  Correction made. 

Edit:  Link above with 'three finishers' .... a correction of the '84 race was made today .... by someone!   
Just found: >This page was last modified on 5 November 2013 at 15:14.<

Edit:  Well, that means there has only been one horse to be a two-time first runner-up in a Classic.  You won!

For Curtis:
Interesting article on .... Remembering Gate Dancer
http://zipseatthetrack.blogspot.com/2010/02/remembering-gate-dancer.html

mchorseracecall

Here is a question:

This horse broke the record of Cigar's consecutive win by winning his first seventeen consecutive races in his entire career between 2002 and 2005, he is a sprinter, and a turf horse, he can go up to seven furlongs (1400 Meters), but he can't go up to a mile (1600 meters), his last win was the Sprinters Stakes at Nakayama, but he didn't improve in 2006, and his trainer was a former legendary jockey, what is the name of that horse?

Blue Jeans

Another trivia question:

Name the famous American cartoonist whose horses ran in the 1924 Preakness and Belmont? 

Catalina

Quote from: Blue Jeans on November 08, 2013, 08:25:39 AM
Another trivia question:

Name the famous American cartoonist whose horses ran in the 1924 Preakness and Belmont?

"Bud" Fisher

Print
User actions