MOT's Derby Dozen

Started by Man o Taz, December 24, 2013, 08:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peeptoad

Quote from: The Tin Man on April 02, 2014, 07:41:34 PM
Bayern isn't in the Santa Anita Derby this Saturday ... So I can now officially trash my future wager ticket. Certainly no Kentucky Derby for him now.  :-X

He'd been training pretty steadily lately, so I was holding out hope.

Bayern is going to Arkansas next week:

http://www.drf.com/news/santa-anita-derby-next-hoppertunity-says-baffert
QuoteBaffert, who has won the Santa Anita Derby a record six times, said he plans to run the unbeaten Bayern in the $1 million Arkansas Derby on April 12.

Man o Taz

April 10, 2014
http://www.drf.com/events/kentucky-derby-top-20-churchill-downs
Mike Watchmaker and Jay Privman

1. California Chrome 4-1
2. Constitution 8-1
3. Hopperunity 10-1
4. Tapiture 10-1
5. Wicked Strong 12-1
6. Bayern 15-1
7. Cairo Prince 15-1
8. Wildcat Red 15-1
9. Bobby's Kitten 20-1
10. Candy Boy
11. General a Rod 20-1
12. Intense Holiday 20-1
13. Samraat 20-1
14. Vicar's In Trouble 20-1
15. Chitu 25-1
16. Midnight Hawk 30-1
17. Ride On Curlin 30-1
18. Uncle Sigh 40-1
19. Ring Weekend 50-1
20. We Miss Artie 50-1

"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Senator L

wow Wildcat Red made some lists :puppykisses:

Man o Taz

In fairness, the DRF rankings I think have a lot of ties - looking at Watchmaker's odds...

Vicar and Wildcat are virtually tied at odds of 20-1.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Man o Taz

THE JEFF FRANK "DIRTY DOZEN"

1) California Chrome - Must continue to impress to hold the top spot

2) Social Inclusion - If he wins Wood from post 11, he could move to No. 1

3) Bayern - It's on to the Arkansas Derby for the undefeated Baffert colt

4) Candy Boy - A solid effort on Saturday will set him up nicely for Ky Derby

5) Toast of New York - Will be a force in Ky Derby if connections decide to go

6) Constitution - Professional victory in Florida Derby; best of the rest

7) Conquest Titan - Needs points to qualify; gets Borel for Arkansas Derby

8) Ring Weekend - Late riser runs in ungraded Calder Derby on Saturday

9) Intense Holiday - Should improve off subpar effort in Louisiana Derby

10) Chitu - Baffert's charge continues to outrun pedigree; don't overlook

11) Samraat - Wasn't flattered by In Trouble's Louisiana Derby performance

12-T) Hoppertunity - Beat a weak field in Rebel; tough to take in SA Derby

12-T) Tapiture - Doesn't have the pedigree to last the 1 1/4 miles in Kentucky

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/04/03/3755033/social-inclusion-invades-new-yorks.html#storylink=cpy

peeptoad

Jeff Frank is hitting the pipe pretty good I see...

Man o Taz

Well, California Chrome seems to be the consensus number one now - at least before the SAD. He got one right. If Social Inclusion blows away the Wood field he'll look prescient.

peeptoad

Well, there really is no right or wrong, just a difference of opinion. My opinion is that he's smoking some good herb.
But I jest because Chrome is a legit #1 at least until Saturday, as you say. It's his 2-5 that I differ more on... and how can someone rank Conquest Titan over Samraat at this point? I'm hoping Samraat finishes in the top 3 in the Wood, and goes double digit odds in Louisville. For an undefeated horse that has a nice pedigree for distance (imo) he is getting absolutely no respect from virtually any of the pundits.

Man o Taz

I agree about Samraat. I have a feeling he's going to win the race though, and Social Inclusion will come back down to Earth having faced graded stakes winning horses for the first time not coming off a four or so month layoff. I wonder if Ortiz will be told not to press Samraat thinking ahead to the Derby, or if Mr. Violette wants to get a strong effort out of him in this race.

Is Social Inclusion this year's Bodemeister or Uncle Mo? Though, in fairness, Mo was under the weather in the Wood. 

peeptoad

Quote from: Man o Taz on April 04, 2014, 12:40:20 PM
I agree about Samraat. I have a feeling he's going to win the race though, and Social Inclusion will come back down to Earth having faced graded stakes winning horses for the first time not coming off a four or so month layoff. I wonder if Ortiz will be told not to press Samraat thinking ahead to the Derby, or if Mr. Violette wants to get a strong effort out of him in this race.

Well, Samraat won the battle, but lost the war. I still like him and never too late for my first list of the Derby season, lol:

1. California Chrome- I'm on board at this point. That last race was the clincher for me. Obviously he is not flawless, and he will encounter some new challenges in the big one, but this is the most dominant favorite we've seen in the past few years. Hopefully his form holds, he takes to the CD strip and draws a decent post. He also still hasn't shipped anywhere yet... but still a worthy Derby favorite.

2. Hoppertunity- love the way he is gradually improving, and he's definitely a better horse than he was even two starts ago. To me he is a solid second choice. My one concern (and it is not a small one) is that Baffert shipped and raced him too many times prior to the biggest race of his life. He looked a bit on the thin side to me in the SA Derby post parade, but he has the running style to be forwardly placed or take back slightly, and this will aid him in a field of 20. Hopefully he isn't over the top since he has to ship back east yet again.

3. Samraat- I'm not jumping ship yet. This is the exact type of horse that will grind his way into the bottom part of the tri or super, possibly even the exacta. He keeps on keeping on and that will serve him well going longer. He also has some early foot, but can run from off the pace. I have no worries about the distance with this horse... and he is improving incrementally with each start. He needs to move forward again in 4 weeks though.

4. Wicked Strong- nice improvement once he got away from GP. Some horses just do not run well down there and I think he was one. No real question about the distance, but his running style could get him into traffic trouble. He probably will get a pace setup in KY, but no guarantee and the word from the barn was that he was "tired" on Sunday. He's going to have to run harder than he ever has in 4 weeks. Hopefully he is ready.

5. Constitution- light on seasoning/foundation, but no question about his talent. Still, he's a fast Pletcher horse shipping from GP, so I take that with a bit of a grain. I think his lack of experience will probably be his undoing, but he's got a shot with a good post. Might need assistance in the form of an adverse event for a couple of those ranked above him though.

6. Commanding Curve- no lock to make the gate and, in fact, he probably won't, but he will get the distance and he will be running at the end. His running style is one factor to overcome, and he needs to improve by a significant margin to hit the board. He's "Samraat-light" in that I think he would have a fairly good chance to round out the exotics (but at a better price). He's the only horse I really like coming out of the LA Derby.

7. General a Rod- still hoping this guy bounces back from his last. On pedigree he seems a lock for 10F but he hasn't run to that yet. The connections seem happy with his last, though he failed without an apparent excuse. He also must rate successfully to have any chance.

8. Tapiture- classy, perfect running style, and relatively quick, but I can't get over the fact that all three full siblings were better suited to sprinting/miling. I think the distance will be his undoing.

radar:
Bayern- hoping for a good comeback in Arkansas.
Ring Weekend- if he trains well at CD then I will use him in some way. A replica of that race at CRC isn't going to cut it though.
Ride on Curlin, Conquest Titan- let's see how they do in ARK this weekend.

Man o Taz

This weekend had no real surprises in my book.

California Chrome continued his dismantling of the best of the West. I'll move him up to number one because I think there is a chance that Cairo Prince may not may the gate in the Kentucky Derby with the Arkansas Derby and the Bluegrass Stakes yet to come in providing points since Candy Boy went ahead of Cairo Prince with his third place finish showing a little bit of the rust that Cairo Prince exhibited.

In the Wood, Samraat continued to distinguish himself. He's a gutsy horse. Social Inclusion had a nice run, but he will likely not make the Derby. His connections said they were pointing to the Preakness and hopefully that is where they will send him because I do not think he can carry his speed 10 furlongs in a 20 horse field.

The big question is what to do with Wicked Strong. He showed he does not travel well. The question is whether Gulfstream is the anomaly I think it is. I think he could be special. His sire's speed (along with that Northern Dancer bloodline) and potential TC winner Charismatic on the bottom means he's loaded.

There is a reason I had Ring Weekend listed 11th. He has shown he can win on dirt which is more than Mr. Speaker has done. I do not think this loss really hurts him too much. We know that Our Caravan will not be making the gate on May 3rd.

Derby point totals follow pedigree, three year old stakes races in bold...

1. California Chrome (Lucky Pulpit and Love the Chase by Mr. Prospector's Not For Love) 150
Next race: May 3 G1 Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs

G1 Santa Anita Derby, 9 furlongs, dirt
G2 San Felipe, 8.5 furlongs, dirt
California Cup Derby, 8.5 furlongs, dirt

King Glorious Stakes, 7 furlong, cushion track
Graduation Stakes, 5 1/2 furlongs, polytrack

The only knock I see is that he hasn't raced or won outside of California. He has won over multiple surfaces and just seems to be getting better.

2. Cairo Prince (Pioneer of the Nile and Holy Bubbette by Holy Bull) 24

4th G1 Florida Derby, 9 furlongs, dirt
G2 Holy Bull 8.5 furlongs, dirt

2nd G2 Remsen Stakes carrying 6 pounds more than eventual winner Honor Code, 9 furlongs, dirt
G2 Nashua Stakes, 8 furlongs, dirt

3. Tapiture (Tapit and Free Spin by Olympio) 42
Next race:  Apr. 12. G1 Arkansas Derby at Oaklawn Park

2nd G2 Rebel Stakes, 8.5 furlongs, dirt
G3 Southwest Stakes, 8.5 furlongs, dirt

G2 Kentucky Jockey Club, 8.5 furlongs, dirt
3rd G3 Iroquois, 8.5 furlongs, dirt

Can Tapiture getting on the winning side again before the Kentucky Derby? He already has the advantage of having a graded stakes win and a third place finish over the Churchill Downs track.

4. Samraat (Noble Causeway and Little Indian Girl by Indian Charlie) 100

G2 Gotham Stakes, 8.5 furlongs, dirt
G3 Withers Stakes, 8.5 furlongs, dirt

Damon Runyon Stakes, 8 furlongs, dirt

Can Samraat win outside of NY? Can he run fast enough to win the Kentucky Derby?

5. Wicked Strong (Hard Spun and Moyne Abbey by Charismatic) 104

G1 Wood Memorial, 9 furlongs, dirt
9th G2 Holy Bull Stakes, 8.5 furlongs, dirt

3rd G2 Remsen Stakes, 9 furlongs, dirt

He's got a late kick which is impressive.

6. Vicar's In Trouble (Into Mischief and Vibrant by Vicar) 120

G2 Louisiana Derby, 9 furlongs, dirt
4th G2 Risen Star, 8.5 furlongs, dirt
G3 Lecomte Stakes, 8.5 furlongs, dirt

I think he's the best of the Harlan's Holiday bloodline competing this year in the Kentucky Derby. I know Intense Holiday has an excuse, seeing him bobble like this in the lane the race before the Kentucky Derby did not inspire confidence.

7. Hoppertunity (Any Given Saturday and Refugee by Unaccounted For) 93

2nd G1 Santa Anita Derby, 9 furlongs, dirt
G2 Rebel Stakes, 8.5 furlongs, dirt

I am starting to wonder about his ability to win without any starts as a two year old. He was far back. Granted California Chrome was a monster on this track and Hoppertunity has shown that he can travel well, but I am starting to think Apollo may be working his magic.

8. Candy Boy (Candy Ride and She's and Eleven by In Excess) 30

3rd G1 Santa Anita Derby, 9 furlongs, dirt
G2 Robert Lewis, 8.5 furlongs, dirt

2nd G1 Cash Call Futurity, 8.5 furlongs, cushion track

I do not know if he is improving or not. Like Cairo Prince, he came off a lay-off and showed. He was the third best in the field and he finished third. However, he was second best to one of my top derby horses, so he is still in the field.

9. Wildcat Red (D'Wildcat and Racene by Miner's Mark) 90

2nd G1 Florida Derby, 9 furlongs, dirt
G2 Fountain of Youth, 8.5 furlongs, dirt
G2 Hutcheson Stakes, 7 furlongs, dirt
2nd Gulfstream Park Derby, 8 furlongs, dirt

2nd Juvenile Sprint, 5 1/2 furlongs, dirt

He certainly has a foundation. The two questions are can he stretch out and win away from Gulfstream Park.

10. General a Rod (Roman Ruler and Dynamite Eyes by Dynaformer) 40

G1 Florida Derby, 9 furlongs, dirt
2nd G2 Fountain of Youth, 8.5 furlongs, dirt
Gulfstream Park Derby, 8 furlongs, dirt

I have to say I like the Dynaformer on the bottom. I know his Florida Derby did not inspire confidence, but he has been moving steadily forward and is allowed a hiccup in my book. The time to peak is in four weeks, not eight days ago.

11.  Ring Weekend (Tapit and Free The Magic by Cryptoclearance) 50

2nd Calder Derby, 9 furlongs, dirt
G2 Tampa Bay Derby, 8.5 furlongs, dirt

He has won on multiple dirt surfaces and also on turf. The chief difference between he and Animal Kingdom that I see is that he is entering the Kentucky Derby off a loss at 9 furlongs. I do not know if he had any excuses - bad start? He'll have to step up to win the Kentucky Derby.

12. Mr. Speaker (Pulpit and Salute by Unbridled)
Next race: Apr. 12 G1 Bluegrass Stakes at Keeneland Race Course

G3 Palm Beach Stakes, 9 furlongs, turf
7th G3 Holy Bull, 8.5 furlongs, dirt

G3 Dania Beach, 8 furlongs, turf

The question is whether he will make the gate in the Bluegrass Stakes or not. Mr. McGaughey has indicated he does not want to enter him in a big field, and that is exactly what the Bluegrass Stakes anticipates having. The other option could be the Lexington Stakes as a prep for the Preakness Stakes, but I am hopeful that he will enter the Bluegrass Stakes because I think he has the talent to win the Kentucky Derby. However, I defer to Mr. McGaughey. The worst thing to do is to press a horse where he might not be comfortable. If the trainer suggests that he might not be a good fit for the Bluegrass because of a big field, this should be a signal that the Kentucky Derby should not be an option.

On The Bubble: Toast of New York (Thewayyourare by Kingmambo and Calire Soleil by Syncline by Danzig) 100
Next race: May 3 G1 Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs?

G2 UAE Derby, 9.5 furlongs, polytrack

Man o Taz

Churchill Downs Power Rankings from their experts
http://www.kentuckyderby.com/racing-wagering/expert-picks
1. California Chrome
2. Hoppertunity
3. Tapiture
4. Wicked Strong
5. Candy Boy

TOP TENS

John Ascher

California Chrome
Tapiture
Hoppertunity
Wicked Strong
Candy Boy
Constitution
Strong Mandate
Cairo Prince
Intense Holiday
Samraat

Jill Byrne

California Chrome
Intense Holiday
Hoppertunity
Constitution
Wicked Strong
Tapiture
Commissioner
Candy Boy
Vicar's In Trouble
General A Rod

Ed DeRosa

California Chrome
Tapiture
Candy Boy
Samraat
Ride On Curlin
Bobby's Kitten
Chitu
Hoppertunity
Vicar's In Trouble
Strong Mandate

James Scully

California Chrome
Hoppertunity
Wicked Strong
Samraat
Cairo Prince
Intense Holiday
Constitution
Bayern
Tapiture
Strong Mandate

Man o Taz

Quote from: peeptoad on April 07, 2014, 06:49:54 AM
Well, Samraat won the battle, but lost the war. I still like him and never too late for my first list of the Derby season, lol:

1. California Chrome- I'm on board at this point. That last race was the clincher for me. Obviously he is not flawless, and he will encounter some new challenges in the big one, but this is the most dominant favorite we've seen in the past few years. Hopefully his form holds, he takes to the CD strip and draws a decent post. He also still hasn't shipped anywhere yet... but still a worthy Derby favorite.

2. Hoppertunity- love the way he is gradually improving, and he's definitely a better horse than he was even two starts ago. To me he is a solid second choice. My one concern (and it is not a small one) is that Baffert shipped and raced him too many times prior to the biggest race of his life. He looked a bit on the thin side to me in the SA Derby post parade, but he has the running style to be forwardly placed or take back slightly, and this will aid him in a field of 20. Hopefully he isn't over the top since he has to ship back east yet again.

3. Samraat- I'm not jumping ship yet. This is the exact type of horse that will grind his way into the bottom part of the tri or super, possibly even the exacta. He keeps on keeping on and that will serve him well going longer. He also has some early foot, but can run from off the pace. I have no worries about the distance with this horse... and he is improving incrementally with each start. He needs to move forward again in 4 weeks though.

4. Wicked Strong- nice improvement once he got away from GP. Some horses just do not run well down there and I think he was one. No real question about the distance, but his running style could get him into traffic trouble. He probably will get a pace setup in KY, but no guarantee and the word from the barn was that he was "tired" on Sunday. He's going to have to run harder than he ever has in 4 weeks. Hopefully he is ready.

5. Constitution- light on seasoning/foundation, but no question about his talent. Still, he's a fast Pletcher horse shipping from GP, so I take that with a bit of a grain. I think his lack of experience will probably be his undoing, but he's got a shot with a good post. Might need assistance in the form of an adverse event for a couple of those ranked above him though.

6. Commanding Curve- no lock to make the gate and, in fact, he probably won't, but he will get the distance and he will be running at the end. His running style is one factor to overcome, and he needs to improve by a significant margin to hit the board. He's "Samraat-light" in that I think he would have a fairly good chance to round out the exotics (but at a better price). He's the only horse I really like coming out of the LA Derby.

7. General a Rod- still hoping this guy bounces back from his last. On pedigree he seems a lock for 10F but he hasn't run to that yet. The connections seem happy with his last, though he failed without an apparent excuse. He also must rate successfully to have any chance.

8. Tapiture- classy, perfect running style, and relatively quick, but I can't get over the fact that all three full siblings were better suited to sprinting/miling. I think the distance will be his undoing.

radar:
Bayern- hoping for a good comeback in Arkansas.
Ring Weekend- if he trains well at CD then I will use him in some way. A replica of that race at CRC isn't going to cut it though.
Ride on Curlin, Conquest Titan- let's see how they do in ARK this weekend.

I think you might have something there with Hoppertunity. A lot of folks have been saying that he has the tactical speed and ability to close.

Churchill Downs is not like Santa Anita. At least he has ventured out of the state of California and shown that he can best others of his generation elsewhere. I still worry about his maturity, but he is the sole three year old that I have on my list who has not raced at 2 - and I have never placed one there - so he has at least shown me he is something special. 

Steve Haskin's April 7, 2014 Derby Dozen
http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/kentucky-derby-dozen/archive/2014/04/07/derby-dozen-april-7-2014-presented-by-shadwell-farm.aspx
1. California Chrome
2. Hoppertunity
3. Wicked Strong
4. Tapiture 
5. Constitution
6. General a Rod
7. Samraat
8. Intense Holiday
9. Conquest Titan
10. Ride On Curlin
11. Cairo Prince
12. Vicar's In Trouble

So - Steve likes your one two...

Well, from nine to eight on this list.

Man o Taz

April 10, 2014
http://www.drf.com/events/kentucky-derby-top-20-churchill-downs
Mike Watchmaker and Jay Privman

1. California Chrome 4-1
2. Constitution 8-1
3. Hopperunity 10-1
4. Tapiture 10-1
5. Wicked Strong 12-1
6. Bayern 15-1
7. Cairo Prince 15-1
8. Wildcat Red 15-1
9. Bobby's Kitten 20-1
10. Candy Boy
11. General a Rod 20-1
12. Intense Holiday 20-1
13. Samraat 20-1
14. Vicar's In Trouble 20-1
15. Chitu 25-1
16. Midnight Hawk 30-1
17. Ride On Curlin 30-1
18. Uncle Sigh 40-1
19. Ring Weekend 50-1
20. We Miss Artie 50-1

Man o Taz

Well, a lot of shockers in this weekends results I thought.

They will have little impact on my list except for some horses that did not run and one that did not run well.

Mr. Speaker comes off after I had high hopes for him entering and at least finishing second in the Bluegrass Stakes.

Strong Mandate stays off because he has shown himself to be solid as a three year old, but just not solid enough to earn his way to Churchill.

I am glad that Bayern did not earn the Derby points. I think running a horse to far too soon can hurt them and with his speed he could be special. Maybe we'll see him in the Preakness Stakes. Or maybe he'll be rested and point to the Haskell.

Hoppertunity will still be there to try and break Apollo's curse, but I think his best shot is for finishing 2nd, 3rd, or 4th. He'll be joined by the talented Constitution who has no chance in my book unless he happens to get a dream trip. In deciding whether or not a horse can break Apollo's curse I have a high standard - I look at Curlin. I think he's the horse that came closest to doing it - though I know Bodemeister finished 2nd in 2012. Curlin though went on to win the Preakness, finish 2nd in the Belmont Stakes, win the Jockey Club Gold Cup, and BC Classic that year demonstrating that he could indeed win at 10 furlongs. We never saw Bodemeister get that win at 10 furlongs.

So, its between Intense Holiday and Ride On Curlin for me and I am going with the latter. Something about Intense Holiday just does not appeal to me. Ride On Curlin actually took a step back in the Arkansas Derby but I still think he may be the better Derby horse.

Derby point totals follow pedigree, three year old stakes races in bold...

1. California Chrome (Lucky Pulpit and Love the Chase by Mr. Prospector's Not For Love) 150

G1 Santa Anita Derby, 9 furlongs, dirt
G2 San Felipe, 8.5 furlongs, dirt
California Cup Derby, 8.5 furlongs, dirt

King Glorious Stakes, 7 furlong, cushion track
Graduation Stakes, 5 1/2 furlongs, polytrack

2. Cairo Prince (Pioneer of the Nile and Holy Bubbette by Holy Bull) 24

4th G1 Florida Derby, 9 furlongs, dirt
G2 Holy Bull 8.5 furlongs, dirt

2nd G2 Remsen Stakes carrying 6 pounds more than eventual winner Honor Code, 9 furlongs, dirt
G2 Nashua Stakes, 8 furlongs, dirt

3. Tapiture (Tapit and Free Spin by Olympio) 42
Next race:  Apr. 12. G1 Arkansas Derby at Oaklawn Park

4th Arkansas Derby, 9 furlongs, dirt
2nd G2 Rebel Stakes, 8.5 furlongs, dirt
G3 Southwest Stakes, 8.5 furlongs, dirt

G2 Kentucky Jockey Club, 8.5 furlongs, dirt
3rd G3 Iroquois, 8.5 furlongs, dirt

4. Samraat (Noble Causeway and Little Indian Girl by Indian Charlie) 100

G2 Gotham Stakes, 8.5 furlongs, dirt
G3 Withers Stakes, 8.5 furlongs, dirt

Damon Runyon Stakes, 8 furlongs, dirt

5. Wicked Strong (Hard Spun and Moyne Abbey by Charismatic) 104

G1 Wood Memorial, 9 furlongs, dirt
9th G2 Holy Bull Stakes, 8.5 furlongs, dirt

3rd G2 Remsen Stakes, 9 furlongs, dirt

6. Vicar's In Trouble (Into Mischief and Vibrant by Vicar) 120

G2 Louisiana Derby, 9 furlongs, dirt
4th G2 Risen Star, 8.5 furlongs, dirt
G3 Lecomte Stakes, 8.5 furlongs, dirt

7. Hoppertunity (Any Given Saturday and Refugee by Unaccounted For) 93

2nd G1 Santa Anita Derby, 9 furlongs, dirt
G2 Rebel Stakes, 8.5 furlongs, dirt

8. Candy Boy (Candy Ride and She's and Eleven by In Excess) 30

3rd G1 Santa Anita Derby, 9 furlongs, dirt
G2 Robert Lewis, 8.5 furlongs, dirt

2nd G1 Cash Call Futurity, 8.5 furlongs, cushion track

9. Wildcat Red (D'Wildcat and Racene by Miner's Mark) 90

2nd G1 Florida Derby, 9 furlongs, dirt
G2 Fountain of Youth, 8.5 furlongs, dirt
G2 Hutcheson Stakes, 7 furlongs, dirt
2nd Gulfstream Park Derby, 8 furlongs, dirt

2nd Juvenile Sprint, 5 1/2 furlongs, dirt

10. General a Rod (Roman Ruler and Dynamite Eyes by Dynaformer) 40

G1 Florida Derby, 9 furlongs, dirt
2nd G2 Fountain of Youth, 8.5 furlongs, dirt
Gulfstream Park Derby, 8 furlongs, dirt

11.  Ring Weekend (Tapit and Free The Magic by Cryptoclearance) 50

2nd Calder Derby, 9 furlongs, dirt
G2 Tampa Bay Derby, 8.5 furlongs, dirt

12. Ride On Curlin (Curlin and Magical Ride by Storm Cat) 55

2nd G1 Arkansas Derby, 9 furlongs, dirt
3rd G2 Rebel Stakes, 8.5 furlongs, dirt

3rd Street Sense, 8 furlongs, dirt
3rd G1 Champagne Stakes, 8 furlongs, dirt
4th G3 Iroquois, 8.5 furlongs, dirt

I thought I had the order right in the Arkansas Derby...and then looked as a website that said Tapiture was third and ROC 4th...

Print
User actions