Shared Belief's 2014 Return

Started by Man o Taz, May 20, 2014, 11:46:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man o Taz

Well, he must be getting close to a start...

He has had a number of sharp workouts at Golden Gate Park.

5/15 5f 1:00.40
5/8 5f 1:00.80
5/3 4f 48.00
4/27 4f 49.60
4/20 3f 35.80
4/15 3f 38.40

Any word TTM?
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

The Tin Man

I'll check with Dan The Man, if I see him this weekend, and see if he's forthcoming with the plan Taz!  ;)

Man o Taz

Thanks.

I continue to believe he's part of the cream of this crop demonstrating just how strong California contingent of race horses is this year - though he has a lot of catching up to do.

A couple more works like these - though - and he'll be ready to step up in competition.

Who knows? Maybe the Haskell or the Travers Stakes as a long shot?

We have the June 15th GIII Pegasus Stakes (8.5 furlongs) and the July 5th Long Branch Stakes (8.5 furlongs) at Monmouth Park if he needs a prep? (WINK)

The Baffert Barn has a slew of talent.

I look forward to seeing Bayern mature. I think he is a talent and once he has a chance to grow into his body could be quite a competitor.

Indianapolis and Hoppertunity are hopefully on the mend, and I could imagine seeing Chitu run in the Haskell.

And then there is Candy Ride with Mr. Sadler.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

peeptoad

The Affirmed would be my guess, unless they plan on bringing him back in allowance.

Man o Taz

You are probably right, but one can dream. (SMILE)

peeptoad

Ran yesterday in a GG allowance:
http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pdf/GG052614USA4.pdf

Looked great, never really asked to run.

Man o Taz

Peeptoad...thanks - we were able to catch that race and he did look good. We'll see if The Affirmed is next on his dance card, but he looked really good.

My wife heard that he might be pointed toward a Los Alamitos race where he could meet California Chrome for the first time.

I thought it was a Derby but all the info I found at the site were not for thoroughbred races, but rather quarterhorse races.

peeptoad

The Los Al race I think is the Los Alamitos Derby... a new creation to (attempt) to fill the void left by HOL closing. I believe that id Chrome makes an appearance in that race it will be him leading the post parade and nothing more. I would expect that, whether or not he wins the TC, he will be given a well-deserving break and will miss that one. Candy Boy is also possible for that race btw (in addition to Shared Belief).

Man o Taz

OK. Thanks.

Man o Taz

Quote from: peeptoad on May 27, 2014, 12:03:22 PM
The Los Al race I think is the Los Alamitos Derby... a new creation to (attempt) to fill the void left by HOL closing. I believe that id Chrome makes an appearance in that race it will be him leading the post parade and nothing more. I would expect that, whether or not he wins the TC, he will be given a well-deserving break and will miss that one. Candy Boy is also possible for that race btw (in addition to Shared Belief).

Regarding California Chrome taking a break - I wonder if the connections race him two more times exclusively on the West Coast only if he wins the Triple Crown sending him in the G1 Awesome Again and the Breeders Cup Classic.

I think I have to savor my chance to see him next weekend because it may be the last time until I see him as a stallion.

The Tin Man

Quote from: Man o Taz on May 29, 2014, 10:42:34 AM
Regarding California Chrome taking a break - I wonder if the connections race him two more times exclusively on the West Coast only if he wins the Triple Crown sending him in the G1 Awesome Again and the Breeders Cup Classic.

I think I have to savor my chance to see him next weekend because it may be the last time until I see him as a stallion.

Come to The Breeders' Cup and you'll get to see him again Taz!  8)

I think after winning The Triple Crown, he won't run again until Del Mar ... although, I would not be surprised at all if he leads the post parade for The Los Alamitos Derby at his home track.  :)

Man o Taz

Then we'd have to give up Kentucky in the fall...

I do not know if I can convince the boss about that. 

Here goes another one...

;)

Print
User actions