Breeders' Cup Broadcast Coverage

Started by Zenyatta, October 31, 2013, 08:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenyatta

NBSSN starts @ 1 pm tomorrow. 

HRTV of course will be covering throughout the day, but due to contractual obligations will only show the races on delay after NBC.

Debating whether to upgrade my already exorbitant Dish bill for just 1 month so I can see the races. I would be more inclined to do that if I were staying at home, but since I'm attending, may was well simply record the HRTV coverage.

mchorseracecall

And Trevor Denman's race call of all the Breeders' Cup races are available anywhere except NBC Sports Network and NBC.

Zenyatta

Quote from: mchorseracecall on October 31, 2013, 09:06:36 PM
And Trevor Denman's race call of all the Breeders' Cup races are available anywhere except NBC Sports Network and NBC.

You are truly obsessed. 

mchorseracecall

Quote from: Zenyatta on October 31, 2013, 09:09:27 PM

You are truly obsessed.

I am not truly obsessed, I am just fan of Trevor's race calls, Zen. It was him who inspired me of becoming a future race caller. If you go on Bloodhorse.com, click on Experience Santa Anita, click on the microphone, there were some good advices that were given by Trevor, do you know how long it takes to memorize a name of a horse? The answer is 10 seconds.  :rhrse:

FT-TBC-TRF

Quote from: Zenyatta on October 31, 2013, 09:09:27 PM

You are truly obsessed.

obsessed? or retarded?  :chickendance:

mchorseracecall

Quote from: FT-TBC-TRF on October 31, 2013, 09:46:32 PM

obsessed? or retarded?  :chickendance:

The truth is I am perfectly normal, not retarded, and I am a straight person. I am just a fan of Trevor Denman's race calls. Trevor's race calls of all the Breeders' Cup races are available for the fans at Santa Anita, the Breeders' Cup Simulcast Network on RTN, breederscup.com, calracing.com, xpressbet.com, and in satellite wagering facilities across the nation, and the Horse Racing Radio Network while Larry Collmus, who will be calling all of these races exclusively on NBC Sports Network and NBC.  :rhrse:

Delamont

Quote from: Zenyatta on October 31, 2013, 08:59:38 PM
NBSSN starts @ 1 pm tomorrow. 

HRTV of course will be covering throughout the day, but due to contractual obligations will only show the races on delay after NBC.

Debating whether to upgrade my already exorbitant Dish bill for just 1 month so I can see the races. I would be more inclined to do that if I were staying at home, but since I'm attending, may was well simply record the HRTV coverage.

Since I am not able to attend I just added on a sports package that includes TVG and NBCS.  Never saw this kind of coverage before....interesting.
Somebody bet on the gray!

Zenyatta

Our local CBS affiliate is at Santa Anita this morning. They just interviewed Aaron Gryder.

Aaron, I love you as a jockey, but you seriously must pursue a career in broadcast journalism.

Blue Jeans

Only good thing about Comcast ... they do have NBCSN!!

Saw the repeat of DRF's "30 - l" last night.  Enjoyed even more than the first time, after reading all the stories at Blood-Horse.  Started to watch it again at 1:00AM this morning, but called it a night.

The CD is available. 
A horse doesn't care how much you know, until he knows how much you care. ~Pat Parelli

Horse sense, n.: Stable thinking. ~Author Unknown

jjacks1

Quote from: Blue Jeans on November 01, 2013, 08:12:04 AM
Only good thing about Comcast ... they do have NBCSN!!

Saw the repeat of DRF's "30 - l" last night.  Enjoyed even more than the first time, after reading all the stories at Blood-Horse.  Started to watch it again at 1:00AM this morning, but called it a night.

The CD is available.

Taped it with my DVR last night so I can watch it over and over and over and over ....  :lmao:
Just another sh*tty day in Paradise

Dave in TJ Mex

Quote from: Zenyatta on November 01, 2013, 05:54:44 AM
Our local CBS affiliate is at Santa Anita this morning. They just interviewed Aaron Gryder.

Aaron, I love you as a jockey, but you seriously must pursue a career in broadcast journalism.

. . . and as an underwear model for his tight butt, Zenyatta?    :lmao:

Dave in TJ Mex

I think all the races are shown live on the internet at the BC official site. 

Don't know if they are "poaching" HRTV or NBC Sports coverage.

Blue Jeans

Quote from: jjacks1 on November 01, 2013, 10:36:17 AM

Taped it with my DVR last night so I can watch it over and over and over and over ....  :lmao:

My DVR just sits there ... in need of being hooked up properly.  Younger sister says she'll do it ... one day!  It bothers me that she doesn't believe in reading the instructions, so ... it just sits there.   ::)
A horse doesn't care how much you know, until he knows how much you care. ~Pat Parelli

Horse sense, n.: Stable thinking. ~Author Unknown

Islandgirl45

Quote from: Dave in TJ Mex on November 02, 2013, 12:50:02 AM
I think all the races are shown live on the internet at the BC official site. 

Don't know if they are "poaching" HRTV or NBC Sports coverage.
And on Calracing.com
http://www.calracing.com/live-video/

Delamont

Aaaannnd the channel that is supposed to cover the BC has...college football.

They suck.

TVG has just announced Secret Compass had to be euthanized.
Somebody bet on the gray!

Print
User actions