Who's Going to the Breeders' Cup?

Started by Zenyatta, October 26, 2013, 02:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pretense

Pretense formerly Sparrow Castle and DrJohnH are at Santa Anita for the races. My second Breeders Cup! Heading out to the Thursday races after being at morning works.  Would love to see fellow posters.

Zenyatta

Quote from: The Tin Man on October 31, 2013, 08:15:44 AM
Quote from: Zenyatta on October 31, 2013, 06:11:03 AM
Quote from: The Tin Man on October 30, 2013, 11:03:24 PM
Quote from: Dusty on October 30, 2013, 10:59:44 PM
BACK TO TOPIC - Who is going - I am = Cigarshop is - what a fabulous couple of days! Weather looks PERFECT! :forruffian:

I'm going!  :)
I'm assuming you'll be in you regular spot? Will you be at Clockers' Corner Saturday morning?

Yep ... My usual spot.

As far as Clocker's Corner? We asked them and they say there is no Clocker's Corner during The Breeders' Cup. If you've heard differently, I'd like to know as I really wanted to do it for the BC. Who knows? Maybe they just meant there would be no food services during the BC.

Wow, no CC during the BC? That's a first as far as I know.   I would like to go to CC @ around 7-8 am on Saturday, and whoever shows up from the board I will buy them coffee (for sure) or breakfast (if it's being served). How's that for a wake-up call! ;)

Dave in TJ Mex

Quote from: Zenyatta on October 31, 2013, 12:50:35 PM
Quote from: The Tin Man on October 31, 2013, 08:15:44 AM
Quote from: Zenyatta on October 31, 2013, 06:11:03 AM
Quote from: The Tin Man on October 30, 2013, 11:03:24 PM
Quote from: Dusty on October 30, 2013, 10:59:44 PM
BACK TO TOPIC - Who is going - I am = Cigarshop is - what a fabulous couple of days! Weather looks PERFECT! :forruffian:

I'm going!  :)
I'm assuming you'll be in you regular spot? Will you be at Clockers' Corner Saturday morning?

Yep ... My usual spot.

As far as Clocker's Corner? We asked them and they say there is no Clocker's Corner during The Breeders' Cup. If you've heard differently, I'd like to know as I really wanted to do it for the BC. Who knows? Maybe they just meant there would be no food services during the BC.

Wow, no CC during the BC? That's a first as far as I know.   I would like to go to CC @ around 7-8 am on Saturday, and whoever shows up from the board I will buy them coffee (for sure) or breakfast (if it's being served). How's that for a wake-up call! ;)

That's the spirit, Zenyatta!

The Tin Man

I'll be there bright and early tomorrow ... I'll post here and let you know for sure if they're having Clocker's Corner or not.   :rhrse:

jjacks1

Quote from: The Tin Man on October 31, 2013, 08:14:09 PM
I'll be there bright and early tomorrow ... I'll post here and let you know for sure if they're having Clocker's Corner or not.   :rhrse:

PLEASE - take lots and lots of photos - and share them!  :girlkiss:
Just another sh*tty day in Paradise

The Tin Man

Quote from: jjacks1 on October 31, 2013, 08:20:29 PM
Quote from: The Tin Man on October 31, 2013, 08:14:09 PM

PLEASE - take lots and lots of photos - and share them!  :girlkiss:

Oh ... I will ... And if you have any requests, just let me know and I'll get them to you.  :)

jjacks1

OMG that is so SWEET of you!  :thanks:

The Tin Man

Quote from: jjacks1 on October 31, 2013, 08:24:52 PM

:chickendance:

jjacks1

Quote from: The Tin Man on October 31, 2013, 08:35:57 PM
Quote from: jjacks1 on October 31, 2013, 08:24:52 PM

:chickendance:

I wish I could be there! I bet y'all are a lot of fun in person too! Zenyatta seems like she would be too!  :happy:

Zenyatta

Tinny how early are you going to be there tomorrow? I am going to go to the SA web site to see what they say about Clockers' Corner, if anything. I would AT LEAST like to get a cup of coffee!

jjacks1

Quote from: Zenyatta on October 31, 2013, 08:51:52 PM
Tinny how early are you going to be there tomorrow? I am going to go to the SA web site to see what they say about Clockers' Corner, if anything. I would AT LEAST like to get a cup of coffee!

Treat yourself! Put a shot of whiskey in that coffee!  ;)

Zenyatta

Quote from: jjacks1 on October 31, 2013, 08:55:50 PM

Treat yourself! Put a shot of whiskey in that coffee!  ;)

That would work if I drank! ;)

Zenyatta

Here's a helpful link for attendees.  Tinny, I'll be there around noon Friday. I'll ask someone there about CC being open Saturday morning.

http://www.breederscup.com/plan-your-visit/event-details

The Tin Man

I'll probably be there around 8 AM.

Zenyatta

Quote from: The Tin Man on October 31, 2013, 09:34:05 PM

I'll probably be there around 8 AM.

I can be there early Saturday but not Friday.  Work till 11:30.  Although I may be so wiped after tomorrow I may wimp out and watch it on the tube Saturday.  We'll see how the energy level holds up.

Print
User actions