Who's Going to the Breeders' Cup?

Started by Zenyatta, October 26, 2013, 02:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mchorseracecall

Quote from: pointgivenfan on October 30, 2013, 08:44:07 AM

Are you going to the Breeders Cup, mc?

No, I will be watching all the Breeders' Cup races with Trevor Denman's call on calracing.com, and go to a restaurant to have a nice dinner with my family after the Breeders' Cup Classic.

pointgivenfan

Quote from: mchorseracecall on October 30, 2013, 08:49:52 AM
Quote from: pointgivenfan on October 30, 2013, 08:44:07 AM

Are you going to the Breeders Cup, mc?

No, I will be watching all the Breeders' Cup races with Trevor Denman's call on calracing.com, and go to a restaurant to have a nice dinner with my family after the Breeders' Cup Classic.
Why settle for that when you and your family could go to the races and hear Denman in person?
Seeing as you live in California, surely that is an option.

And as a friendly suggestion, since this thread is about who is (or is not) attending the Breeders Cup, I would recommend leaving any future comments about racecallers in the other thread you already created about that same topic.  ;)

Man o Taz

Opting for the CashCall Futurity and seeing racing at Hollywood Park instead.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Zenyatta

Quote from: Man o Taz on October 30, 2013, 12:47:07 PM

Yer kiddin'? Then you'll probably have to meet Dave inTj Mex and I there. And of course Tinny. :)

The Tin Man

Quote from: Zenyatta on October 30, 2013, 06:03:24 PM
Quote from: Man o Taz on October 30, 2013, 12:47:07 PM

Yer kiddin'? Then you'll probably have to meet Dave inTj Mex and I there. And of course Tinny. :)

He'd better meet me there!

I'll play tour guide if he's up for it. :-)

Dave in TJ Mex

Yup, I plan to come up to LA to say goodbye to HP, and the Hollywood Futurity would be a good day to do so!

Zenyatta

Maybe we should rename the thread "Who's Going to Hollywood Park?"   :)

The Tin Man

Quote from: Zenyatta on October 30, 2013, 07:20:46 PM

OK ... I'll be there EVERY weekend ...

And they're gonna have to pry my hands off of it to get me to let go of it after closing day ends!   :'(

Dusty

Quote from: The Tin Man on October 30, 2013, 08:27:41 PM

And they're gonna have to pry my hands off of it to get me to let go of it after closing day ends!   :'(

ME TOO! Would be nice to meet you finally! I am going as much as I can while I can.
May they run with the wind

Dusty

Quote from: The Tin Man on October 30, 2013, 08:06:03 AM
Quote from: mchorseracecall on October 30, 2013, 07:51:14 AM
Tin Man, if you are going to the Breeders' Cup, you will be hearing Trevor, who will be calling all of the Breeders' Cup races for the fans at Santa Anita, Breeders' Cup simulcast Network on RTN, breederscup.com, calracing.com, xpressbet.com, and the Horse Racing Radio Network live while Larry Collmus, who will be calling all of these races exclusively on NBC Sports Network and NBC. By the way, on October 20th, after I received the news that Conan O'Brien will be Trevor Denman's guest for the second race last Friday, what I decided to do on that day is to do my own race call of the same race that Mr. O'Brien called at home, and listen to Trevor's call of the other seven races from the Santa Anita Autumn Meet, instead of doing my own race call of all the races from Golden Gate Fields, on the 25th.

I'd much rather hear Vic ... But what can you do?

Trevor will do in a pinch ... When Vic isn't available.

The bright side is that Hollywood Park is about to start ... So we'll get Vic for another 7 weeks or so! :)

I so agree - I love Vic -

Dusty

BACK TO TOPIC - Who is going - I am = Cigarshop is - what a fabulous couple of days! Weather looks PERFECT! :forruffian:

The Tin Man

Quote from: Dusty on October 30, 2013, 09:42:35 PM
Quote from: The Tin Man on October 30, 2013, 08:27:41 PM

ME TOO! Would be nice to meet you finally! I am going as much as I can while I can.

Great Dusty! Just let me know sometime when you're going and we'll track each other down.  :)

The Tin Man

Quote from: Dusty on October 30, 2013, 10:59:44 PM
BACK TO TOPIC - Who is going - I am = Cigarshop is - what a fabulous couple of days! Weather looks PERFECT! :forruffian:

I'm going!  :)

Zenyatta

Quote from: The Tin Man on October 30, 2013, 11:03:24 PM

I'm assuming you'll be in you regular spot? Will you be at Clockers' Corner Saturday morning?

The Tin Man

Quote from: Zenyatta on October 31, 2013, 06:11:03 AM
Quote from: The Tin Man on October 30, 2013, 11:03:24 PM

I'm assuming you'll be in you regular spot? Will you be at Clockers' Corner Saturday morning?

Yep ... My usual spot.

As far as Clocker's Corner? We asked them and they say there is no Clocker's Corner during The Breeders' Cup. If you've heard differently, I'd like to know as I really wanted to do it for the BC. Who knows? Maybe they just meant there would be no food services during the BC.

Print
User actions