Promising Late Blooming 2 Year Olds of 2013

Started by Zenyatta, November 09, 2013, 09:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenyatta

Since we're now post-BC, it's time to look for nice debut performances by the late bloomers.

Coup de Grace, winner of the 1st today at Aqueduct,  could be any kind. By Tapit out of a Storm Cat mare, he's owned by Fox Hill farm, who paid 200K+ for him. Nice looking, flashy chestnut. He can run too.

peeptoad

Hopefully Purple Sky.. he goes in race 7 today at CD. I also like Bump Start as a longshot in that one.

Zenyatta

We should look at the Moccasin @ HP today. Some nice fillies in there. I have a soft spot for For Emma, who annihilated a 50k maiden field at SA in her first start.

The Tin Man

Quote from: Zenyatta on November 09, 2013, 12:30:57 PM
We should look at the Moccasin @ HP today. Some nice fillies in there. I have a soft spot for For Emma, who annihilated a 50k maiden field at SA in her first start.

She was the only one within 10 lengths of Bajan.

A for effort. She tried.

Zenyatta

Almost Famous recooped his form at CD. Won by open lengths.

Raven

Quote from: Zenyatta on November 09, 2013, 09:47:01 AM
Since we're now post-BC, it's time to look for nice debut performances by the late bloomers.

Coup de Grace, winner of the 1st today at Aqueduct,  could be any kind. By Tapit out of a Storm Cat mare, he's owned by Fox Hill farm, who paid 200K+ for him. Nice looking, flashy chestnut. He can run too.

Can't wait for early derby wagering!!
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

Zenyatta

Quote from: Raven on November 09, 2013, 04:01:01 PM

I can't wait for the first "Derby Dozen," to which I may contribute but I recall the poster who annually unveiled his list getting undeservedly beaten up, so I'll refrain from starting THAT thread.

Islandgirl45

Quote from: Zenyatta on November 09, 2013, 04:10:49 PM

I can't wait for the first "Derby Dozen," to which I may contribute but I recall the poster who annually unveiled his list getting undeservedly beaten up, so I'll refrain from starting THAT thread.
I don't think the same bullies are on here. Maybe you can entice Matt to dual-post his Early Derby Dozen in this forum. I always enjoy his analysis and "first look" at potential candidates for the first day in May.

Zenyatta

Quote from: Islandgirl45 on November 09, 2013, 06:06:09 PM

I don't think the same bullies are on here. Maybe you can entice Matt to dual-post his Early Derby Dozen in this forum. I always enjoy his analysis and "first look" at potential candidates for the first day in May.

I don't know about Matt dual-posting but I know one thing - right now I can't even come up with a list of 12 horses I think will be in the gate on Derby day.

Raven

Quote from: Zenyatta on November 09, 2013, 06:56:26 PM

I don't know about Matt dual-posting but I know one thing - right now I can't even come up with a list of 12 horses I think will be in the gate on Derby day.

But we can all post the ones we like anyway!
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

Dave in TJ Mex

Quote from: Zenyatta on November 09, 2013, 06:56:26 PM

Just pick twelve two year old sons of Tiznow!

ElPrado

Then add 8 early maturing sons of Tapit.

peeptoad

Quote from: peeptoad on November 09, 2013, 10:03:31 AM
Hopefully Purple Sky.. he goes in race 7 today at CD. I also like Bump Start as a longshot in that one.

Hm. Unfortunately, no. He tanked yesterday...

Blue Jeans

Meow!  Love those 'Kittens'.   :)
A horse doesn't care how much you know, until he knows how much you care. ~Pat Parelli

Horse sense, n.: Stable thinking. ~Author Unknown

ElPrado

I think I have a formula I can use about now as far as the Triple Crown goes.

Take 4 from Pletchers barn, it does not matter which, he will enter them all anyway. Add a filly.
2 from Baffert, if he does not try with a filly, too.
2 from Asmussen.
2 from Lukas.
2 from Roman.
1 from ONeill.
3 from Brown, gotta find some place to run a bunch of Kittens.
1 from Zito.
1 from Biancone.
1 from Catalano.
1 from Amoss.
And 2 from anyone else that can squeeze one in the gate.
That is 20.

Now, we go through the shaking out of the no hopers and wanna bes.

Print
User actions