Main Menu

Who Will Retire?

Started by Vic in Chicago, November 03, 2013, 01:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vic in Chicago

The aftermath of the BC always produces many retirement announcements.

Let's use this thread to speculate which horses have run their last race.  Then, as actual announcements are made in the next few days/weeks, please post them here to let us all know.

I may have missed some, but I haven't seen any actual announcements yet.  So I'll start with speculation.  Is Royal Delta done on the track?  If so, I hate to see her great career finish on the downer of two straight losses.

Who do you think/know is retiring?
Giant Oak - The Pride Of Chicago!

Islandgirl45

After two consecutive losses, especially the way she ran Friday, I can't see RD coming back next year. Bill Mott even said, "Maybe it's time. Maybe it's time."

Fort Larned is retiring to Adena Springs.
Mizdirection and Groupie Doll will be sold; not sure if they'll race again.

The one I really hope doesn't retire now is Will Take Charge. Man, could he be a force in the handicap division next year if he stays in training!

Zenyatta

I heard Gary Stevens say that MMM is coming back next year.  It would be great to see him win the Big Cap, since he sure likes the SA surface. If he retires, I have a soft spot in my heart for Three Chimneys, and would love to see him stand there.  It wouldn't surprise me however if he stood alongside his sire at Adena Springs.

We know Groupie Doll is being sold at the Keeneland Breeding Stock sale, so chances are she will have a date with a stallion come springtime.

BaroqueAgain1

We know that Paynter is retiring.
  I haven't heard anything about three-year-olds Moreno and Palace Malice. Both their sires were good as four-year-olds, so we can hope those two colts come back next year. Also, it would be a shame to retire Will Take Charge when he seems to be just realizing his potential. Next year, he could be spectacular.
  I think Wise Dan is coming back, and one would think that Za Approval, another gelding, would also return. Colts Silentio and Silver Max, on the other hand, are going to be five, and might be headed to the shed.

Islandgirl45

Just read on TBC that Marketing Mix is being retired to become a broodmare.

Someone also posted a while back that Hymn Book would be retiring after the Dirt Mile, possibly to become a stable pony.

BaroqueAgain1

I was unhappy to read that Declaration of War is headed straight to the shed when he gets back to Ireland. That's disappointing, because it seemed like the War Front colt is getting even better. He could be a very good horse to take to the Dubai World Cup, since he has shown he can run well on damn near anything.

The Tin Man

SoCal is losing almost all of its best females.

This sucks!  :(

Zenyatta

Quote from: The Tin Man on November 03, 2013, 07:12:36 PM

Beholder? She's a Tiger?  :rhrse:

jjacks1

What sucks worse is they'll probably all end up in Japan.  :(
Nothing against the Japanese - I just wish some of the horses I loved would stay here.
Just another sh*tty day in Paradise

Flanders

Quote from: BaroqueAgain1 on November 03, 2013, 02:05:34 PM
  We know that Paynter is retiring.
  I haven't heard anything about three-year-olds Moreno and Palace Malice. Both their sires were good as four-year-olds, so we can hope those two colts come back next year. Also, it would be a shame to retire Will Take Charge when he seems to be just realizing his potential. Next year, he could be spectacular.
  I think Wise Dan is coming back, and one would think that Za Approval, another gelding, would also return. Colts Silentio and Silver Max, on the other hand, are going to be five, and might be headed to the shed.
Moreno is a gelding so he'll be back.

I thought this was Point of Entry's last year racing.
Justin Phillip is going to stud in 2014 at Castleton-Lyons.
Romantica is retired but staying here.
Authenticity is being sold.
Mucho Macho Man, I read an article today that sounded like it could go either way.  They said it comes down to an economic decision.  So if someone offers enough, he is retired.
Wordly is in as a racing/stallion prospect
Verrazano is going to Ashford for 2014
Lady of Shamrock is in one of the sales
Dance to Bristol is retired
Laugh Track is in as a racing/stallion prospect

Breeders Cup Links Abound at Kentucky Sales

Flanders

These fillies/mares are entered in the Keeneland sale:
Byrama
Lady of Fifty
Daisy Devine
Executivepriviledge
Renee's Titan
Street Girl
Channel Lady

pointgivenfan

Quote from: Flanders on November 03, 2013, 11:41:05 PM
These fillies/mares are entered in the Keeneland sale:
Byrama
Lady of Fifty
Daisy Devine
Executivepriviledge
Renee's Titan
Street Girl
Channel Lady
ExecP is an out.

serenassong

Quote from: Islandgirl45 on November 03, 2013, 01:46:11 PM
After two consecutive losses, especially the way she ran Friday, I can't see RD coming back next year. Bill Mott even said, "Maybe it's time. Maybe it's time."

Fort Larned is retiring to Adena Springs.
Mizdirection and Groupie Doll will be sold; not sure if they'll race again.

The one I really hope doesn't retire now is Will Take Charge. Man, could he be a force in the handicap division next year if he stays in training!

I have suspected as of late that RD's "Mommy time" hormones may be kicking in, she may be heading to someone's court soon.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

The Tin Man

Quote from: Zenyatta on November 03, 2013, 07:23:38 PM

Beholder? She's a Tiger?  :rhrse:

She's A Tiger is being sold ... So its 99% she wont be in SoCal anymore.

No one has mentioned Great Hot, that I've seen, but she's being sold too.  :(

peeptoad

Hopefully She's a Tiger does not retire. She's only 2 and I thought she ran a great race on Saturday...

Print
User actions