Main Menu

Who Will Retire?

Started by Vic in Chicago, November 03, 2013, 01:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kennedy

I hope Goldencents is sticking around. given that he is running in the Malibu I think there is a good chance of that.

curtis

Quote from: Kennedy on November 04, 2013, 10:51:36 AM
I hope Goldencents is sticking around. given that he is running in the Malibu I think there is a good chance of that.

The way Doug O'Neil was talking after the race it sounds like they may even try to stretch him out again.  I do think he's better around two turns but i don't know how far he'll go.

The Tin Man

Mizdirection was sold today for 2.7 million as a broodmare only ...

So we've seen the last of her. Bummer ... I'm gonna miss her.  :(

Zenyatta

Quote from: peeptoad on November 04, 2013, 08:19:39 AM
Hopefully She's a Tiger does not retire. She's only 2 and I thought she ran a great race on Saturday...

She'll probably be the Eclipse Award winner.

I think she will probably go to someone like Besilu. I doubt she'd go overseas. Fingers crossed.

jjacks1

Quote from: BaroqueAgain1 on November 03, 2013, 05:21:34 PM
  I was unhappy to read that Declaration of War is headed straight to the shed when he gets back to Ireland. That's disappointing, because it seemed like the War Front colt is getting even better. He could be a very good horse to take to the Dubai World Cup, since he has shown he can run well on damn near anything.

I was VERY impressed by his run in the Classic.
Just another sh*tty day in Paradise

ElPrado

And Orb, just announced his retirement at Claiborne.

Islandgirl45

Quote from: The Tin Man on November 04, 2013, 05:45:43 PM
Mizdirection was sold today for 2.7 million as a broodmare only ...

So we've seen the last of her. Bummer ... I'm gonna miss her.  :(
Speaking of Mizdirection, I just had to post this Barbara Livingston photo of her right after winning the Turf Sprint. What a priceless moment!

Mizdirection and ever-youthful Mike Smith share matching faces after their win in the Turf Sprint.

jjacks1

Thank you for sharing that awesome photo!  :thumbsup:

Islandgirl45

I'm always amazed at how Barbara Livingston always manages to be in the right place at the right time to capture photos that show the emotion of the day, not just in people but in horses! She's got quite the talent.

jjacks1

Saw one where Mucho Macho Man and Gary Stevens were both grinning. Need to go find that one and post it!  ;D

The Tin Man

At least Goldencents isn't retiring ...

O'Neill barn announced today the he's gonna be running next year. :)

jjacks1

Ron the greek sold to "overseas" interests. Will be pointing to Dubai World Cup.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/81884/ron-the-greek-sold-to-overseas-interests

Vic in Chicago

Quote from: The Tin Man on November 06, 2013, 09:11:48 AM
At least Goldencents isn't retiring ...

O'Neill barn announced today the he's gonna be running next year. :)

Very good news!
Giant Oak - The Pride Of Chicago!

Print
User actions