Main Menu

Who is HOTY now?

Started by Zenyatta, November 03, 2013, 10:02:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenyatta

Can't bet against Wise Dan. The only misstep he took was on a sloppy track in a race taken off his favorite surface.

Dave in TJ Mex

Quote from: Zenyatta on November 03, 2013, 10:02:13 AM
Can't bet against Wise Dan. The only misstep he took was on a sloppy track in a race taken off his favorite surface.

Oh, do you mean "who is horse of the year ("HOTY")" now, as opposed to who is HOT?

I was going to say Penelope Cruz is HOT, but that's just one man's opinion!   :chickendance:

Zenyatta

Oh shut up. I was typing it on my phone. So now Tinny and myself have Dumbphoneitis.

BaroqueAgain1

'Dan's the Man...HOTY for a second year. 
  :forruffian:

Dave in TJ Mex

Quote from: Zenyatta on November 03, 2013, 10:10:58 AM
Oh shut up. I was typing it on my phone. So now Tinny and myself have Dumbphoneitis.

No fair, you corrected the title of this thread from "Who is HOT now" to "Who is HOTY now."

:mallet:

peeptoad

I think Wise Dan should get it. He was more of a standout in his division than any other horse all year (or at least more than the dirt males).

Dave in TJ Mex

Quote from: peeptoad on November 03, 2013, 10:53:10 AM
I think Wise Dan should get it. He was more of a standout in his division than any other horse all year (or at least more than the dirt males).

Agree.

Vic in Chicago

Wise Dan...no doubt.
Giant Oak - The Pride Of Chicago!

Islandgirl45

Gotta be Dan the Man (err, gelding). Game on Dude was the only one who could have challenged him, and GoD flopped badly, so I think Dan has smooth sailing toward HOTY honors.

Ballerina

WISE DAN    :girlkiss: :racing: :rhrse:

- not because I love the heck out of him, but he's the best of the lot this year.
Life is what happens to you when you're making other plans.

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

jjacks1

Have to agree. Wise Dan.  :)
Just another sh*tty day in Paradise

Raven

The best turf horse going a mile!  THOTY!!
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

Charlie

I'd say Wise Dan, I doubt the voters will forgive Dude's flop in the Classic.

Zenyatta

Who was the last 3-time HOTY? Was it Curlin?  I can't imagine there ever having been a turfer getting it twice.

Charlie

Quote from: Zenyatta on November 03, 2013, 06:04:08 PM
Who was the last 3-time HOTY? Was it Curlin?  I can't imagine there ever having been a turfer getting it twice.

I thought Curlin only won it twice? But he's last one I remember getting it twice in a row.

Print
User actions