Tackiest BC coverage ever - thanks NBC

Started by jjacks1, November 02, 2013, 06:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mchorseracecall

Quote from: Zenyatta on November 03, 2013, 03:00:59 PM
Hegy guys I'd much rather make this thread about Kristin Chenoweth's bad singing than mcwhatever.  We're giving over too much power to our resident Trevorlover!   ;)

Zen, you don't know what my future career is, and I am sure Bookman, Ballerina know what my future career is. My future career is to become a professional race caller after graduating from the university. Before hearing the news that Hollywood Park will be closed at the end of January 2014, my future career path is to start out calling races as Trevor's back up at Barretts At Fairplex in Pomona. Then, I work as the Assistant Announcer at Hollywood Park. After, I work as the Announcer from Hollywood Park. After Trevor retires, I work as the Announcer from Santa Anita and Hollywood Park. If I am that good, I am hoping to announce the Triple Crown and the Breeders' Cup for NBC Sports after Trevor retires.  However, after hearing the news about Hollywood Park, my career path is to start out calling races as a back up announcer at Barretts At Fairplex. I would either work as the race caller from Arlington Park, Golden Gate Fields (part time), or a racetrack outside of California, which is owned by the same company that owns the Santa Anita Racetrack. After Trevor retires, I work as the race caller from Santa Anita. If I am that good, I am hoping to call the Triple Crown for NBC Sports. After Trevor retires, I am hoping that my Breeders' Cup race calls  will be available on NBC Sports.   :rhrse:

mchorseracecall

Quote from: Vic in Chicago on November 03, 2013, 03:11:30 PM

Ballerina, with all due respect...differences of opinion are one thing.  But one of the reasons this Board exists is because a lot of us wanted to get away from all the personal insults on the TBC Board.  Thank you.

You are right, Victor, Barnfour causing a lot of Trouble and makes some of us very angry on thoroughbredchampions.com, he's not only making negative comments about me, he also making negative comments about Trevor.

jjacks1

Quote from: Ballerina on November 03, 2013, 01:54:48 PM

And Mchorseracecall - you've got the rest of your life to be a pain in the neck - take a day off once in a while.

What the hell does that have to do with anything?  You are one annoying little twit.  You need therapy to deal with your OCD.

Ballerina, with all due respect...differences of opinion are one thing.  But one of the reasons this Board exists is because a lot of us wanted to get away from all the personal insults on the TBC Board.  Thank you.

You are absolutely right. I edited my post and thank you for the reminder that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. Peace to all! Look out, I'm an old hippie - soon I'll be quoting from the Desiderata!  :)
Just another sh*tty day in Paradise

Ballerina

Quote from: Zenyatta on November 03, 2013, 03:00:59 PM
Hegy guys I'd much rather make this thread about Kristin Chenoweth's bad singing than mcwhatever.  We're giving over too much power to our resident Trevorlover!   ;)

I've got to give Kristin a break here.  We may have heard musical instruments during the song, but she didn't.  She was winging it.  How can anyone deliver a good song with the background noise she was hearing?  She is a dynomite entertainer and a very good, powerful singer.  AND, she is as cute as a button.  I didn't think it was that bad.  Rather listen to her than some of that awful caterwaulling by Jennifer Hudson and a few others I could name who sing that way all the time.
Life is what happens to you when you're making other plans.

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

jjacks1

I think we should have gotten Beyonce to sing The Best Is Yet To Come!  ;)

Bookman

Mcracehorsecaller, this song reminds me of you. Not necessarily a bad thing.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vWZ-pLUb9L8

Ballerina

Quote from: Ballerina on November 03, 2013, 01:54:48 PM

And Mchorseracecall - you've got the rest of your life to be a pain in the neck - take a day off once in a while.

What the hell does that have to do with anything?  You are one annoying little twit.  You need therapy to deal with your OCD.

I see where you have appointed yourself the Official TBR Lecturer.   You've given a couple so far.  It's not attractive.  :lmao:
Life is what happens to you when you're making other plans.

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

Zenyatta

Quote from: jjacks1 on November 03, 2013, 03:27:12 PM

What made them choose that song anyway? Someone suggested "Thanks for the Memories," what with all the horse retirements after the BC.   ;) 

And mch, I apologize for being snarky, BUT in one of your posts you said something about being "Assistant Announcer at Hollywood Park." How can that be the case when the track is closing? 

And don't get me wrong, I love Kristin Chenoweth, that's why listening to the awful version of that song was so painful. I go out of my way to watch her when she's on TV (including switching over to NBC to watch her). Perhaps in the future it would be a good idea, what with the sound issues, to just have singers lip sync. I wouldn't have a problem with that.   

jjacks1

I think Bookman got it - the new theme song for the Breeders Cup should be "High Hopes." It's kinda appropriate!  :)

mchorseracecall

Quote from: Zenyatta on November 03, 2013, 03:35:03 PM
Quote from: jjacks1 on November 03, 2013, 03:27:12 PM

What made them choose that song anyway? Someone suggested "Thanks for the Memories," what with all the horse retirements after the BC.   ;) 

And mch, I apologize for being snarky, BUT in one of your posts you said something about being "Assistant Announcer at Hollywood Park." How can that be the case when the track is closing? 

And don't get me wrong, I love Kristin Chenoweth, that's why listening to the awful version of that song was so painful. I go out of my way to watch her when she's on TV (including switching over to NBC to watch her). Perhaps in the future it would be a good idea, what with the sound issues, to just have singers lip sync. I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Zen, when I said about being as the assistant race caller from Hollywood Park, that was happened before hearing the news that the racetrack is about to demolished at the end of January 2014. Right now, my career path is to start out as the back-up announcer from Barretts At Fairplex. Before Trevor retires, I move my career forward by being a full-time race caller at Arlington Park, part-time announcer at Golden Gate Fields, or a full-time race caller at a racetrack outside of California, which is own by the same company that owns Santa Anita. After Trevor retires, it will be Santa Anita, Triple Crown, and Breeders' Cup for both on-track and NBC Sports.

mchorseracecall

Quote from: jjacks1 on November 03, 2013, 03:37:24 PM
I think Bookman got it - the new theme song for the Breeders Cup should be "High Hopes." It's kinda appropriate!  :)

Jjacks1, what's wrong with the song "The Best Is Yet To Come", who was originally sung by Frank Sinatra?

Zenyatta

^5 Bookman. Your post made me laugh!  :lmao:

jjacks1

Quote from: mchorseracecall on November 03, 2013, 03:44:52 PM
Quote from: jjacks1 on November 03, 2013, 03:37:24 PM

Jjacks1, what's wrong with the song "The Best Is Yet To Come", who was originally sung by Frank Sinatra?

Nothing at all dear. I was trying to be ironic and amusing but I see that failed miserably.  :lmao:

Your real name wouldn't be Kyle would it? You remind me very much of a friend of mine.  :)

mchorseracecall

Jjacks1, my real first name is not Kyle.

Blue Jeans

And people ask why this sport is on the decline? 

It's the people, stupid, not the horses! 

For some reason, thought this forum might be different.  Oh well .....

I'm on Vic's side.   :thanks:
A horse doesn't care how much you know, until he knows how much you care. ~Pat Parelli

Horse sense, n.: Stable thinking. ~Author Unknown

Print
User actions