Tackiest BC coverage ever - thanks NBC

Started by jjacks1, November 02, 2013, 06:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Islandgirl45

I thought NBCSN did a good job of covering the BC races. But when I switched over to NBC for the Classic coverage I almost thought I'd gotten the wrong channel, as there was little talk about the races, just cameo shots by Joan Rivers and a bunch of others who didn't need to be there.

Really wish Bright House would offer at least one horse racing channel. But no. I've sent in suggestions, made requests to their customer service reps and gotten . . . nothing.

serenassong

Quote from: Islandgirl45 on November 04, 2013, 05:15:02 PM
I thought NBCSN did a good job of covering the BC races. But when I switched over to NBC for the Classic coverage I almost thought I'd gotten the wrong channel, as there was little talk about the races, just cameo shots by Joan Rivers and a bunch of others who didn't need to be there.

Really wish Bright House would offer at least one horse racing channel. But no. I've sent in suggestions, made requests to their customer service reps and gotten . . . nothing.

Was thinking the same thing with the different coverage- didn't turn NBC on until they were loading into the gate.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

Delamont

Quote from: jjacks1 on November 02, 2013, 06:06:46 PM
Where do I start? The crappy sound mix? The botox babe gyrating for the camera singing that horrid song? She ruined the post parade for me. Every time I tried to turn the sound back on she was flapping and screeching.
If this is what horse racing has to do to attract fans, I quit.
The morons that run the Breeders Cup need to think outside the box - they can't out-do the Kentucky Derby by borrowing the Derby traditions and sleazing them up. Tackiest Breeders Cup Prime Time show EVER. Seriously thinking about skipping the TV coverage next year and just reading the DRF charts afterwards.

I'm in agreement.

TVG was better.  So was the streaming from BC's site.   The 'horse' channels seem to get it...I'm watching some old footage on TVG now...pretty cool.
Somebody bet on the gray!