Tackiest BC coverage ever - thanks NBC

Started by jjacks1, November 02, 2013, 06:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave in TJ Mex

Quote from: mchorseracecall on November 03, 2013, 06:09:09 AM
Quote from: Ballerina on November 03, 2013, 05:29:16 AM
I appreciate listening to Larry instead of Trevor.

Ballerina, this is what Trevor said when he called the Breeders' Cup Classic:

"Mucho Macho Man just keeps on finding on the lead, Will Take Charge, a late run, woooah, that's close!
Mucho Macho Man, the more they asked, the more he gave, Will Take Charge was right there, as was Declaration of War, in a classic Breeders' Cup Classic!", (Denman, Breeders' Cup Classic 2013 for the on-track and HRRN broadcast).

By looking at the words from his quote, Ballerina, Trevor gave a very powerful description while calling the 2013 Breeders' Cup Classic for the on-track and online radio broadcast.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I'm with Ballerina on this one.

As a SoCal resident, I have long enjoyed Trevor's calls.

But I now prefer others to him, most notably Collmus, who is top notch.  I also think John Dooley of Arlington is terrific.

It is just a matter of taste for different styles.

jjacks1

Quote from: peeptoad on November 03, 2013, 04:20:58 AM
Quote from: jjacks1 on November 02, 2013, 06:06:46 PM
Where do I start? The crappy sound mix?

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed this... my dad thought something was wrong with his TV when the coverage shifted to NBC. Sounded like they were broadcasting out of a tin can.

I thought there was something wrong with my ears. LOL Finally asked Hubby if he heard it too! You couldn't hear the broadcasters over the ambient crowd noise. How could they get it right on NBCSN then screw up so badly on NBC?
And Joan River - OMG who cares?
Beating head smilie coming up. It's a good one!
Just another sh*tty day in Paradise

serenassong

Ha, just saw that- and we need the beating a dead horse one as well.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

jjacks1

Quote from: serenassong on November 03, 2013, 11:25:19 AM

Seriously? I thought that might be in bad taste, but I do have one.  ;D

serenassong

Quote from: jjacks1 on November 03, 2013, 11:52:32 AM
Quote from: serenassong on November 03, 2013, 11:25:19 AM

Seriously? I thought that might be in bad taste, but I do have one.  ;D

It is, but in certain situations, when someone cant let something go, it seems to work. Actually, this one is better  :slap:
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

Ballerina

And Mchorseracecall - you've got the rest of your life to be a pain in the neck - take a day off once in a while.
Life is what happens to you when you're making other plans.

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

Islandgirl45

Quote from: Ballerina on November 03, 2013, 01:54:48 PM

And Mchorseracecall - you've got the rest of your life to be a pain in the neck - take a day off once in a while.
I can't believe this guy is a real person. It's got to be someone running a con, because of the stilted writing style, etc. No one writes like that deliberately, do they?  :o

jjacks1

Just because a race call is delivered in an English accent doesn't make it superior.

Ballerina

Quote from: jjacks1 on November 03, 2013, 02:04:49 PM

:lmao:

Just because a race call is delivered in an English accent doesn't make it superior.

It's not the accent that bothers me - it's the timbre of his voice - it's grating.

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

mchorseracecall

Jjacks1, Trevor is born in South Africa, his ancestors are British.

Bookman

He still sounds like an out of tune Limey.

(I can use that term since I'm of British descent)
(And don't mind if others do, since it's not a slur)

Ballerina

Quote from: mchorseracecall on November 03, 2013, 02:43:01 PM

Jjacks1, Trevor is born in South Africa, his ancestors are British.

What the hell does that have to do with anything?  You are one annoying little twit.  You need therapy to deal with your OCD.

mchorseracecall

Quote from: Ballerina on November 03, 2013, 02:54:38 PM

What the hell does that have to do with anything?  You are one annoying little twit.  You need therapy to deal with your OCD.

To be honest with you, I don't have OCD in my system, I am very normal ever since that day I was born. I try to tell jjacks1 about Trevor's nationality because he didn't know what Trevor's nationality is. Many racing fans know what Trevor's nationality is.

Zenyatta

Hegy guys I'd much rather make this thread about Kristin Chenoweth's bad singing than mcwhatever.  We're giving over too much power to our resident Trevorlover!   ;)

Vic in Chicago

Ballerina, with all due respect...differences of opinion are one thing.  But one of the reasons this Board exists is because a lot of us wanted to get away from all the personal insults on the TBC Board.  Thank you.
Giant Oak - The Pride Of Chicago!

Print
User actions