California Chrome Wins The Kentucky Derby

Started by Man o Taz, May 03, 2014, 03:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delamont

Quote from: serenassong on May 08, 2014, 06:44:18 AM
I watched the coverage from 12-4 on NBCSC?  Had Laffit Pincay III, Randy Moss and Jerry Bailey. That was pretty good- but the regular network coverage was awful. I watched the Woodford Reserve- switched over to watch the racing at Talladega until around 6pm- just in time for "My Old Kentucky Home".

I like the NBCSC personnel. Did not know about KD-dot-com at the time...I kept switching between NBC and TVG until the saddling.
Somebody bet on the gray!

Man o Taz

Quote from: Delamont on May 08, 2014, 07:47:33 AM
I like the NBCSC personnel. Did not know about KD-dot-com at the time...I kept switching between NBC and TVG until the saddling.

We were doing that too. And then afterwards we caught the race again on TVG but also were looking online.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Delamont

Quote from: Man o Taz on May 09, 2014, 08:50:49 AM
We were doing that too. And then afterwards we caught the race again on TVG but also were looking online.

Is there some similar viewing prospect for the Preakness?

serenassong

Quote from: Delamont on May 09, 2014, 09:30:24 AM

I would think that you can watch the undercard on NBCSN or the like. I know that Pimlico does have a live feed available- but not sure it that will be the case for Preakness day.  Once again- I will probably only be watching the post parade and actual race on the main channel. 

As a interesting side note to the main NBC coverage(Derby)- I did think that Kenny Mayne(sic?) reporting from the cheap seats (infield) is always entertaining. Did catch a bit of that, although it was real interesting when it was raining and muddy- he was hanging out with the mud babies.  :lmao:
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

Man o Taz

Quote from: Delamont on May 09, 2014, 09:30:24 AM

You can check Preakness.com and maybe they will be posting links to the races live or after they happen lilke KentuckyDerby.com did.

We'll be at the race, so will not have that luxury available to us unless my wife brings her I-pad.

"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Delamont

Quote from: Man o Taz on May 12, 2014, 07:26:40 AM
You can check Preakness.com and maybe they will be posting links to the races live or after they happen lilke KentuckyDerby.com did.

We'll be at the race, so will not have that luxury available to us unless my wife brings her I-pad.

Ooo...luckyyyyy!

Man o Taz

Yes - with my point and shoot camera because of the idiotic security requirements that they have banning all cameras with detachable lenses.

Man o Taz

I stand corrected - they are allowing detachable lenses...

Delamont

:happy:

I thought it was a good race, but what do I know?

Man o Taz

I did as well, but my assessment might be suspect as well. (SMILE)

Delamont

Did you get pics?   :thumbsup:

Man o Taz

It is what I do. (SMILE)

Delamont

I should have known!

The Tin Man

Here's a pic I thought I would share ...

It's of Junior(aka California Chrome) in the paddock before his debut race back on April 26th of last year at beloved Hollywood Park ...

Alberto Delgado aboard ... You know he's really regretting not having the mount any more! Who(besides Steven) knew before this race that we were looking at the probable 2014 Triple Crown winner ...  :chickendance:

Here's praying he stays healthy and has a smooth trip!

(Click on the pic to make it bigger)

Delamont

Niiiice!  Thanks.

Print
User actions