Breeders' Cup Picks

Started by Zenyatta, October 24, 2013, 07:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jeans

Same as posted at TBC today:

Hope my picks do better today than yesterday!

If Wise Dan wins his race, then I'm happy ... regardless!

Going with Mucho Macho Man for the Classic win ... Game On Dude second ... Palace Malice third ... Fort Larned fourth.

Anxious to see Declaration of War try for one of the above. A very safe trip for all.
A horse doesn't care how much you know, until he knows how much you care. ~Pat Parelli

Horse sense, n.: Stable thinking. ~Author Unknown

Zenyatta

Post parade underway for Juvrnile Fillies. Good betting race so far, favorites at 7/2 right now.

In the meantime, unfortunately,  Caracortado was scratched.

Zenyatta

Come from behinders are comingbin at longer odds because of speed bias. 

At 15/1, Scandalous Act sure looks good. She and #10 and #1 will be the speed.

The head says these 3, the heart says Sweet Reason, for no other reason than wanting Alex Solis to win a BC race.

Flanders

Secret Compass was euthanized.  Though you wouldn't know anything happened to her because Denman is a terrible announcer.

jjacks1

Quote from: Flanders on November 02, 2013, 12:26:52 PM
Secret Compass was euthanized.  Though you wouldn't know anything happened to her because Denman is a terrible announcer.

How terrible! At least NBCSN decided to say something about it after that stupid football preview was over. Anyone think Johnny V will be back in the saddle later today?
Just another sh*tty day in Paradise

Flintknapper

Ugh, what a start to the day. She's a Tiger DQ'd as well as a horse broken down and a top jock off for the rest of his rides. Then such a terrible ride on Laughing, a PACE horse. Please get better after this, day.

Zenyatta

Quote from: Flintknapper on November 02, 2013, 12:58:41 PM
Ugh, what a start to the day. She's a Tiger DQ'd as well as a horse broken down and a top jock off for the rest of his rides. Then such a terrible ride on Laughing, a PACE horse. Please get better after this, day.

Crappy ride on Tiz Flirtatious too. Hmmm.... Book Review, Sweet Lulu and Teddy in this one.

Zenyatta

I am really glad I didn't wager on those 3, and am ashamed at jumping off the Groupie Doll bandwagon.

Zenyatta

Poor Secret Compass and hope Johhny V is ok.

Secret Compass is owned by Westrock Stables,  an HRTV sponsor and the main sponsor of First Call, the weekend morning program televised from Clockers' Corner.

Dave in TJ Mex

Quote from: Zenyatta on November 02, 2013, 01:33:19 PM
I am really glad I didn't wager on those 3, and am ashamed at jumping off the Groupie Doll bandwagon.

You should be ashamed for turning your back on our beloved champion Groupie Doll, Ms. Drone Bee!   :flaming:

jjacks1

Quote from: Zenyatta on November 02, 2013, 01:33:19 PM

Me too.  :( Although Judy The Beauty did get second!
Just another sh*tty day in Paradise

Zenyatta

I've always liked Chips All In, but wouldn't be surprised if Mizdirection did it again.

Zenyatta

Quote from: Zenyatta on November 02, 2013, 01:57:50 PM
I've always liked Chips All In, but wouldn't be surprised if Mizdirection did it again.

And she did it again! The results were similar to last year's,  except Reneesgotzip was in a DH for 2nd with a very game Tightend Touchdown.

Zenyatta

Will Tske Charge sure looked good in the post parade.

Oh and Kristin Chenoweth's rendition of "The Best Is Yet To Come" was godawful. She was off key throughout and the final note probably scared the horses off in the  post parade.

Blue Jeans

Quote from: Zenyatta on November 02, 2013, 05:42:59 PM
Will Tske Charge sure looked good in the post parade.

Oh and Kristin Chenoweth's rendition of "The Best Is Yet To Come" was godawful. She was off key throughout and the final note probably scared the horses off in the  post parade.

What happened to Tony Bennett; thought he had the honors this year?  Toni Braxton (sp ?) sang off key, too!  Geesh!  That hurt my ears!
A horse doesn't care how much you know, until he knows how much you care. ~Pat Parelli

Horse sense, n.: Stable thinking. ~Author Unknown

Print
User actions