$6M Race At Gulfstream?

Started by Giant Oak, March 27, 2016, 07:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giant Oak

After Chrome's dominant performance at Dubai, one of his owner's alluded to a possible $6M race Frank Stronach is trying to put together in January at Gulfstream.  (They might point CC in that direction after the BCC!)

Anybody know anything about this?

(Sure wish he'd buy Arlington away from CDI and do stuff like that here in Chicago!  For $6M. I'd even consider coming out of retirement!!)   :OMG:

Man o Taz

$12 million race not 6. :-)
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Zenyatta

For $12 M, it may be worth saying forget the first breeding season. I would be shocked if he could be brought down that quickly after his first race to breed.  :OMG:

Man o Taz

It would be in January so he could probably still make some of it.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Zenyatta

From what I've heard recently, this race, if it comes off, is still on the docket for California Chrome. During that time of year, I wonder what kind of field he'd meet, given that many of the best are enjoying time off after the BC.

curtis

Quote from: Zenyatta on June 05, 2016, 12:03:11 PM
From what I've heard recently, this race, if it comes off, is still on the docket for California Chrome. During that time of year, I wonder what kind of field he'd meet, given that many of the best are enjoying time off after the BC.
Since the buy in is a million per, I'd think you'd train your horse for it. In other words, it won't be like a normal January in which horses are just starting to train for late winter or early spring races.

stark

Too bad its Stronach in charge, else maybe they could figure out a way to run it in Louisville, KY and call it "The Greatest"

curtis

Quote from: stark on June 05, 2016, 02:01:59 PM
Too bad its Stronach in charge, else maybe they could figure out a way to run it in Louisville, KY and call it "The Greatest"
Maybe Chromie can float like a butterfly and sting like a bee.

Man o Taz

Chrome can sting, but AP is the one who floats like a butterfly over the track. :-)

Flanders

The American Graded Stakes Committee has voted to allow the Pegasus World Cup Invitational to carry a G1 status in its first running, in my opinion, only because Stronach said this is the new name of the Donn H.

However they will review the race, at their annual meeting in April, after its first running to see if it deserves to keep G1 status for future renewals.
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/213513/pegasus-world-cup-to-carry-grade-i-status

Man o Taz

I am glad. No reason it should not continue. Hopefully, they attract a nice field. I like that it was moved up to be the same week as the Holy Bull so you get nice older horses and nice three year olds that you can see. Hope the Holy Bull stays put. I think it should because of the three year old race schedule.

peeptoad

Pegasus World Cup stake sold to Earle Mack
http://www.drf.com/news/pegasus-world-cup-stake-sold-earle-mack

Print
User actions