And Now There Are Twelve

Started by afleetphil, June 06, 2015, 04:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afleetphil

Nicely done by American Pharoah. When he started to pull away from Frosted, it was like holy crap it's going to happen.

Dusty

Quote from: afleetphil on June 06, 2015, 04:23:00 PM
Nicely done by American Pharoah. When he started to pull away from Frosted, it was like holy crap it's going to happen.

EXACTLY And then the tears started!!!! AND THE CHEERS!!!!
May they run with the wind

RUFFIAN

:forruffian:

:rhrse:   :rhrse:   :rhrse:   :rhrse:   :rhrse:   :rhrse:   :rhrse:

O YES HE CAN ... AND YES HE DID
AFTER 37 YEARS OF DROUGHT
AND WHEN IT ALL WAS OVER
THE WHOLE WORLD THEN FOUND OUT

THE TRIPLE CROWN IS HIS NOW
HE DID IT GATE TO WIRE
AND WHEN THEY TRIED TO CATCH HIM
HE SIMPLY REFUSED TO TIRE!

HE CAME -- HE RAN -- HE CONQUERED
WHAT A GLORIOUS SIGHT TO SEE
AND WHEN HIS RACE WAS RUN
HE WAS ALL A HORSE SHOULD BE!

:celebrate:
MAY THE PURRRRRRRRRR BE WITH YOU
                      =^,,^=

" JOURNEY NOT UPON THE PATH OF ANOTHER
      LEST YOU ARRIVE AT THEIR DESTINATION ~
                     AND NOT YOUR OWN! 😔 "

www.RUFFIAN333.com

🐎         😻       🐕

Senator L

He's a deserving champion, I'm glad he got her done  :chickendance:

Delamont

Quote from: Dusty on June 06, 2015, 06:30:14 PM
EXACTLY And then the tears started!!!! AND THE CHEERS!!!!

Here, too! 
Somebody bet on the gray!

Man o Taz

I was there and it was incredible.

As many have said, the sound of the crowd was overwhelming. They just cheered and cheered and cheered and then started to chant, "Pharoah, Pharoah, Pharoah".

"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

afleetphil

I got goose bumps when reading your post.Pharoah, pharoah, pharaoh. They also stopped major league baseball games so fans could watch the race on the big screens. And the cheers from the baseball  fans as American Pharoah charged down the stretch was beautiful.

Man o Taz

That actually brought tears to my eyes - when I saw coverage of those other sporting events when the fans for other sports were cheering for American Pharoah as he won the Triple Crown, that was so very, very beautiful.

ESPN moment of the year ESPY?

Did you vote?
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

afleetphil

Taz,

It was the loud roar of the crowds at the major league baseball parks when American Pharoah was at the top of the stretch and then pulling away from the field down the stretch. The noise was following Pharoah to the finish line. Of course you were there. I watched on TV. It was a tremendous thrill for me even after watching the three triple crowns in the 70's. Hopefully it will bring new fans to the sport that we love.

Man o Taz

Here, here.

Print
User actions