Eishin Flash in the Tenno Sho

Started by Man o Taz, October 29, 2013, 08:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man o Taz

the 2012 Tenno Sho winner, Eishin Flash, finished third behind Just a Way and Gentildonna.

It was a good finish for him. He was caught up in traffic - not the best ride by Mr. De Mauro.

Here is a link to the race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyF-AHXWTzE
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Man o Taz

Well, I was looking forward to seeing Eishin Flash go out in his last race in the Arima Kinnen, but it seems he has been injured in training and retired.

Will have to see him next at stud.

I'll miss you on the track Eishin, but am so glad you are safe and sound and on your way to filling the world with baby Eishin's.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Dusty

Quote from: Man o Taz on December 20, 2013, 01:09:40 PM
Well, I was looking forward to seeing Eishin Flash go out in his last race in the Arima Kinnen, but it seems he has been injured in training and retired.

Will have to see him next at stud.

I'll miss you on the track Eishin, but am so glad you are safe and sound and on your way to filling the world with baby Eishin's.

I echo your comments= Loved him
May they run with the wind

Man o Taz

Have to somehow get to Japan to see him at stud. (SMILE)

This is one of my favorite pictures of him...to be that photographer - that close - and to capture such a majestic image...nothing better than that...

Dusty

Quote from: Man o Taz on January 31, 2014, 06:50:50 AM
Have to somehow get to Japan to see him at stud. (SMILE)

This is one of my favorite pictures of him...to be that photographer - that close - and to capture such a majestic image...nothing better than that...

Very touching photo
May they run with the wind

Man o Taz

Indeed.

For a foreign jockey to bow before Japanese royalty...is something special.

I know that much has been made about Americans bowing to foreign dignitaries...but I think while there is no need to impart such a showing of respect upon them...if I were in a similar situation I think I would do exactly the same thing.

BaroqueAgain1

I'm curious, 'Taz. What makes you think that photo shows a jockey bowing before Japanese royalty? Is there some information attached to the original source of the pic?
  My first impression of the photo was that it showed a rider overcome with emotion after winning the race. And that the colt is pretty well-behaved to just stand there while his rider is off.  :)

Man o Taz

Quote from: BaroqueAgain1 on March 12, 2014, 11:59:10 AM
  I'm curious, 'Taz. What makes you think that photo shows a jockey bowing before Japanese royalty? Is there some information attached to the original source of the pic?
  My first impression of the photo was that it showed a rider overcome with emotion after winning the race. And that the colt is pretty well-behaved to just stand there while his rider is off.  :)

I watched the race live and saw when he bowed before the Emperor and Empress. And as it relates - he was overcome with emotion - see below.

http://japanracing.jp/_news2012/121029-02.html

The highlight of the day, however, came after the running of the race and what a highlight it was. Winning the race was the 5-year-old and fifth choice of the race Eishin Flash. In the saddle was Italian rider Mirco Demuro, a familiar name in Japan and winner of a number of top-level Japanese races. Overwhelmed with joy at his win, the third fall Tenno Sho win by a foreign winner in a row, a visibly sobbing Demuro made his way slowly back on horseback to the stands and, regaining his composure, he repeatedly took his hands from the reins to form a heart with both hands. Demuro's gesture, which many believed to have been a rising sun symbolizing Japan, was, he said, an expression of his "love for Japan." As Demuro and Eishin Flash reached a spot just past the Tokyo finish line, unlike in 2005, when Mikio Matsunaga removed his helmet and bowed to Their Majesties while he remained in the saddle, Demuro slipped off the horse and dropped to the ground on one knee. Helmet in hand he bowed deeply to Their Majesties, who greeted the jockey's respects with applause. A roar of applause and shouts rang out from the packed stands as well.

Though dismounting before weighing in is in normal circumstances considered an infraction by the JRA, Demuro's gesture, though unexpected, was seen for what it was, a gesture of the highest respect along Western customs. There were no complaints. If anyone could have upstaged Matsunaga's historical moment in 2005 before Their Imperial Majesties the Emperor and Empress of Japan, how fitting for it to be a gentleman of a rider from a country with an imperial history of its own.

Man o Taz

They do not have Eishin's and Orfevre's information up yet at Shadai Stallion Station,

http://www.jrha.or.jp/stallion_e/studlist/?name=Shadai_Stallion_Station

but there is one pic of him here. 

http://www.jbis.jp/horse/0001052586/

BaroqueAgain1

Thanks for providing that additional information, 'Taz. A great show of respect and humility by Mirco...and I still think that the 'Flash was a very good boy to stand there with his rider off his back. Nice conformation shot...he seems a lovely stallion with a kind character.

Man o Taz

Absolutely. His temperament seems incredible. I wonder if King's Best sons are known for having an even temperament.

I am unaware of the temperament of any of his other sons like Workforce, but I know his sire seemed to have an even disposition - Kingmambo when we visited him at Lane's End - and his son as well Lemon Drop Kid always seemed to be well behaved and saw him racing in person.

Delamont

Quote from: Man o Taz on March 14, 2014, 08:09:08 AM
They do not have Eishin's and Orfevre's information up yet at Shadai Stallion Station,

http://www.jrha.or.jp/stallion_e/studlist/?name=Shadai_Stallion_Station

but there is one pic of him here. 

http://www.jbis.jp/horse/0001052586/

Whoa...what a looker.
Somebody bet on the gray!

Man o Taz

Yes, indeed.

Man o Taz

Quote from: Man o Taz on March 19, 2014, 06:39:15 AM
Absolutely. His temperament seems incredible. I wonder if King's Best sons are known for having an even temperament.

I am unaware of the temperament of any of his other sons like Workforce, but I know his sire seemed to have an even disposition - Kingmambo when we visited him at Lane's End - and his son as well Lemon Drop Kid always seemed to be well behaved and saw him racing in person.

And Kingmambo was snoozing in his stall when we saw him last week.

Print
User actions