HRTV, the home for wayward TVG'ers

Started by Zenyatta, October 27, 2013, 08:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenyatta

Has anyone who has HRTV noticed that many of TVG's formers have migrated over there? Bob Baedecker (sp?), Christina Olivares Blacker, Michelle Wu so far. Joanne Jones is gone (yay!).

Now if only HRTV could cajole Frank Lyons over.

It's always funny seeing Baedecker and White on a show together. All they'd need to add is Jeff Siegel and they could spend the entire show reminiscing ;)

BlindLucky

Quote from: Zenyatta on October 27, 2013, 08:55:51 AMJoanne Jones is gone (yay!).
I always hated listening to her commentary, because she called all horses "they". I get why she would say that--like "they" broke sharply, meaning the jockey and the horse--but she never used "he" or "she". Always "they". It would get confusing when she was talking about multiple horses, but never used the gender-specific pronouns or names. Just.... they, they, they.

Zenyatta

Quote from: BlindLucky on October 27, 2013, 11:42:17 AM
I always hated listening to her commentary, because she called all horses "they". I get why she would say that--like "they" broke sharply, meaning the jockey and the horse--but she never used "he" or "she". Always "they". It would get confusing when she was talking about multiple horses, but never used the gender-specific pronouns or names. Just.... they, they, they.

This morning, Zoe Cadman was calling different horses by the wrong pronoun. I thought, c'mon Zoe, don't you have the pp's in front of you?

Even Andy Serling made a boo-boo. He wondered why the Awad was a stake for 2 year old fillies (it was the Chelsea Flower that was for the 2 year old fillies; the Awad was also on the card, and for open 2 year olds).

jt dancer

Where did Joanne Jones go?  She was never one of my favorites, but no one on HRTV reaches the mute level for me (TVG is a different story....)

Zenyatta

Quote from: jt dancer on October 27, 2013, 03:01:10 PM
Where did Joanne Jones go?  She was never one of my favorites, but no one on HRTV reaches the mute level for me (TVG is a different story....)

From what I heard, her contract was up in late September and wasn't renewed.

I felt for Millie Ball this morning, having to do morning duties the day after her husband's horse, Pointsoffthebench, had to be euthanized.

Print
User actions