Ken Ramsey's big bet pays off

Started by Goldi, October 26, 2013, 10:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldi

Another good story about the Ramseys gambling pretty much everything on Kitten's Joy as a stud.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20131025/SPORTS08/310250104/Ken-Ramsey-s-big-bet-pays-off-Kitten-s-Joy-impact-Breeders-Cup

Ken Ramsey: "I don't want to rust out. I want to burn out."

BTW, am I the only person who remembers that Ramsey was fined and suspended in 2005 for trying to bribe another owner into scratching his horse? He plays hard, man. ;-)

Dusty

You must give the Ramseys a HUGE KUDO - they have always believed in and supported their horses - they are there when they win ( lose or draw) great for horseracing
May they run with the wind

Zenyatta

I like that - "I don't want to rust out, I want to burn out." Now if only some of Kitten's Joy's offspring were named something other than "Kitten."

One day there should be one called "Too Many Kittens."

BlindLucky

Quote from: Zenyatta on October 27, 2013, 07:37:16 AM
I like that - "I don't want to rust out, I want to burn out." Now if only some of Kitten's Joy's offspring were named something other than "Kitten."

I'm guessing that once more outside breeders have Kitten's Joy foals, they'll start naming them non-kitten names  :D

jjacks1

Quote from: Zenyatta on October 27, 2013, 07:37:16 AM

I like that - Too Many Kittens!  :)
Just another sh*tty day in Paradise

BlindLucky

And they keep rolling! Hyper, one of the few Ramsey homebreds NOT by Kitten's Joy, was 2nd to Joshua Tree in the Canadian International this evening  :)

BlindLucky

Another article on the Ramseys, this time detailing a bit more about Sarah and her condition that most others I've read:

Atop Thoroughbred Racing and Remaining Positive, Despite a Painful Setback

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/28/sports/atop-thoroughbred-racing-and-remaining-positive-despite-a-painful-setback.html?_r=0

FT-TBC-TRF

Now if only the Ramsey's would pay the many trainers they own large sums of money to....

Print
User actions