Horse With Your Name (or People You Know)

Started by Zenyatta, October 26, 2013, 10:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenyatta

My name has an unusual spelling, but there are a few horses with my name in them. 

If someone names a horse "Dreaming of Christina" I will bang my head against a wall. Aren't there enough "Dreaming of ..." horses yet? One just won the first @ Calder - Dreaming of Bella! Ack!

The coolest instance for me of "horses named after people I know" came when, in a stakes race @ Gulfstream, My Pal Chrisy and Appealing Stella made up the exacta. My mom's name was Stella (and the race was run just after she passed away 2 months ago). I was rooting for the horse with my mom's name to take that race, but she faded in the stretch.

As for my buddy Dave in TJ Mex, he's got a slew of horses with his name, the funniest of which is Poker Dave (chuckle!).

jjacks1

Quote from: Zenyatta on October 26, 2013, 10:07:02 AM
My name has an unusual spelling, but there are a few horses with my name in them. 

If someone names a horse "Dreaming of Christina" I will bang my head against a wall. Aren't there enough "Dreaming of ..." horses yet? One just won the first @ Calder - Dreaming of Bella! Ack!

The coolest instance for me of "horses named after people I know" came when, in a stakes race @ Gulfstream, My Pal Chrisy and Appealing Stella made up the exacta. My mom's name was Stella (and the race was run just after she passed away 2 months ago). I was rooting for the horse with my mom's name to take that race, but she faded in the stretch.

As for my buddy Dave in TJ Mex, he's got a slew of horses with his name, the funniest of which is Poker Dave (chuckle!).

How about Krystyna Kitten?  ;)
Just another sh*tty day in Paradise

jjacks1

All the Jeanette's are old! No new horses named after me! Looking at Pedigree Query we have 7 Jeanette's - one Irish, one British, one French, one Polish, one Australian, one Italian and one America. Nothing since 1947. Guess I'm not a popular one. Dreaming of Jeanette, maybe?  ;D Jeanette's Kitten?  ;D LMAO
Just another sh*tty day in Paradise

Flanders

There are a ton of horses with the name Fay in them.

ThreeMustangs

Carol's Christmas

Raven

Spiro  A 3yr old that started her racing at Woodbine last year and then she went to Thisteldown where she raced twice .

I don't know where she is now but if anyone knows anything please post!

And there were two others named Spiro before.
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

BlindLucky

There's a Hat Trick filly that just moved to Churchill Downs by the name of Kari Azaria who's running on Halloween. I hardly ever find people who spell my first name the same way, let alone horses!

"So it's Carrie.. with a C, right?"

NO, it's not with a C! It's K-A-R-I, dammit!

Senator L

I've got tons
MIKE'S ;D

Zenyatta

Quote from: Senator L on October 29, 2013, 11:53:56 AM
I've got tons
MIKE'S ;D

I think you'd prefer "Handsome Mike" to "Little Mike," however, LOL!

Blue Jeans

Just so you folks know, "Blue Jeans" is the name of OleBobBowers dam ... and even better than that, she was John Henry's granddam.   :)

My nickname, Ginnie, is close enough to Genuine Risk's nickname, "Genny".  Since she was a fav of mine, I'm happy! 
A horse doesn't care how much you know, until he knows how much you care. ~Pat Parelli

Horse sense, n.: Stable thinking. ~Author Unknown

Senator L

Quote from: Zenyatta on October 29, 2013, 12:43:16 PM
I've got tons
MIKE'S ;D

Lmao!

Zenyatta

Quote from: Senator L on October 29, 2013, 02:29:30 PM
Quote from: Zenyatta on October 29, 2013, 12:43:16 PM
I've got tons
MIKE'S ;D

Lmao!

I had a good chortle myself after writing that.   ;D

Print
User actions