Turnback the Alarm - G3

Started by Zenyatta, October 26, 2013, 09:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenyatta

Race 9 - 5:06 PM     Exacta, Trifecta (.50), Super (.10), Double Wagers
STAKES

Turnback the Alarm H. (Grade III)
Purse $200,000. A Handicap For Fillies And Mares Three Years Old And Upward. No nomination fee. $2,000 to pass the entry box. A supplemental nomination fee of $4,000 in addition to the entry fee can be made at any time prior to the publication of weights. All starters including supplemental nominees will receive a $1,000 rebate. The purse to be divided 60% to the winner, 20% to second, 10% to third, 5% to fourth, 3% to fifth and 2% divided equally among the remaining finishers. A trophy will be presented to the winningowner. Closed Saturday, October 12, 2013 with 27 Nominations. One And One Sixteenth Miles.
P#    PP    Horse    Virtual
Stable    A/S    Med    Jockey    Wgt    Trainer    M/L
1    1    Fantasy of Flight (KY)       5/M    L    J R Velazquez    116    T A Pletcher    9/2
2    2    Street Secret (KY)               5/M    L    J Castellano    116    C C Brown    3/1
3    3    Lady Cohiba (KY)               4/F    L    J Alvarado    116    C Clement    6/1
4    4    Stanwyck (KY)                       4/F    L    A O Solis    114    J A Shirreffs    20/1
5    5    Moon Philly (PA)               4/F    L    C H Velasquez    115    M J Trombetta    10/1
6    6    Centring (KY)                       5/M    L    J Rosario    117    T Albertrani    2/1
7    7    Royal Lahaina (KY)               5/M    L    J L Ortiz    116    T A Pletcher    6/1
8    8    Roman Invader (KY)       6/M    L    D Cohen    116    D Jacobson    12/1

As much as I like the stretch out for Fantasy of Flight here, it's hard to go against Centring, the 3rd place finisher in the Beldame.

Zenyatta

How cool is that? Shirreffs, the Mosses and Alex Solis take the race with Stanwyck.  She was the longest shot on the board.

1. Stanwyck
2. Lady Cohiba
3. Fantasy of Flight

Looks like the stretch out wasn't so great for F of F. Oh well.

Lakeway

Unfortunately, as I was rooting for Lady Cohiba, she faded. Centring finished 2nd...

Zenyatta

Quote from: Lakeway on October 26, 2013, 02:19:50 PM
Unfortunately, as I was rooting for Lady Cohiba, she faded. Centring finished 2nd...

I misheard Tom Durkin, I thought he said Lady C was comng on the outside. Phew, I need more coffee.

Lakeway

Quote from: Zenyatta on October 26, 2013, 02:23:38 PM

I misheard Tom Durkin, I thought he said Lady C was comng on the outside. Phew, I need more coffee.

No, I think that's what he said. I was watching Lady Cohiba so I knew it wasn't her...

Zenyatta

Quote from: Lakeway on October 26, 2013, 02:48:23 PM
Quote from: Zenyatta on October 26, 2013, 02:23:38 PM

No, I think that's what he said. I was watching Lady Cohiba so I knew it wasn't her...

Good to know i haven't completely lost my mind. Even Tom makes errors on occasion.

Islandgirl45

Quote from: Zenyatta on October 26, 2013, 02:13:12 PM
How cool is that? Shirreffs, the Mosses and Alex Solis take the race with Stanwyck.  She was the longest shot on the board.

1. Stanwyck
2. Lady Cohiba
3. Fantasy of Flight

Is that the first win for John Shirreffs since he moved his stable east?

Zenyatta

Quote from: Islandgirl45 on October 26, 2013, 10:18:27 PM
Quote from: Zenyatta on October 26, 2013, 02:13:12 PM

1. Stanwyck
2. Lady Cohiba - this should be CENTRING ....
3. Fantasy of Flight

Is that the first win for John Shirreffs since he moved his stable east?

Gosh I don't know. Did Mentor Cane break his maiden on the west coast or in NY?

BlindLucky

Quote from: Zenyatta on October 27, 2013, 07:40:07 AM
Yeah, Mentor Cane broke his maiden at Belmont.

Shirreffs won Belmont race 3 today, too  :)

jt dancer

It is nice to see Stanwyck what she is capable of in the afternoons; she has talent.  Also nice to Shirreffs back in the winner's circle.

Islandgirl45

Quote from: BlindLucky on October 27, 2013, 11:53:44 AM
Quote from: Zenyatta on October 27, 2013, 07:40:07 AM
Yeah, Mentor Cane broke his maiden at Belmont.

Shirreffs won Belmont race 3 today, too  :)
I forgot about Mentor Cane breaking his maiden there, poor guy. Good to see Shirreffs winning these two latest.

Print
User actions