Bayern ... Wow ...

Started by The Tin Man, February 13, 2014, 05:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man o Taz

I don't know. I think Mr. Baffert may plot the same course with him that is being pursued with Honor Code. Get him an easy allowance written for him at 1 mile and then follow that up with the Santa Anita Derby or the Arkansas Derby or even the Sunland Derby. Mr. Baffert has shipped there before so that is certainly a possibility. Just guessing, I think he may keep Midnight Hawk and Chitu at home at Santa Anita and ship Bayern out since those two horses are much closer to making an actual start in the Derby than Bayern. But who knows.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

peeptoad

I forgot about the Sunland Derby... yeah I suppose he could end up there. Either way if he only gets one more start I like him a lot less for the roses.

The Tin Man

Re: California Chrome ...

Two interesting side bits ...

His owner/breeder, Steve, calls California Chrome ... "Junior" ... Gonna have to ask him next time I see him ... "Why"?

2nd thing ... Their silks are purple with a green donkey silhouette on them ... They're got a sense of humor obviously ... CC is pretty damn far from a donkey!  :)

Here's a pic of CC in the winner's circle last Saturday ... (Click on it to make it bigger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

The Tin Man

And here's another one of him on his way in ...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Man o Taz

Nice pics TTM. Thanks.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

BaroqueAgain1

I've read that Cali Chrome's trainer has compared him to Swaps. Maybe, to his connections, he's a "junior" Swaps?

Dance With Gable

Quote from: BaroqueAgain1 on March 14, 2014, 12:14:30 PM
  I've read that Cali Chrome's trainer has compared him to Swaps. Maybe, to his connections, he's a "junior" Swaps?

Hmmmmmm ... could be. I'll have to see.

Another side note ... His owner loves him very passionately. He's definitely FAR more than just a horse to him. I love that.

Dusty

Quote from: Dance With Gable on March 14, 2014, 12:39:45 PM
Hmmmmmm ... could be. I'll have to see.

Another side note ... His owner loves him very passionately. He's definitely FAR more than just a horse to him. I love that.

ME TOOO - and how gorgeous is he??? WOOT
May they run with the wind

Print
User actions