Two horses to watch next time out ...

Started by The Tin Man, January 04, 2014, 07:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Tin Man

FIRST timers ...

Rprettyboyfloyd and Prospector Alley ...

Both looked very slight of build, discombobulated and very green in the paddock. I discounted BOTH of them because of this.

Then the race begins ... They BOTH got very poor breaks ... may have actually gotten stuck in the gate ...

Lagged very far behind for the first half of the race ... then heading into the final turn made really nice moves that required a lot of focus and excellent maneuvering and closed exceedingly well ...

Rprettyboyfloyd ... Officially trailed by 11 lengths ... But you know how that works ... It was probably more like 15, just not at a recorded split. He got up for 2nd ... Officially losing by 3 1/4 ... He was 21-1.

Prospector Alley ... Officially trailed by 10 1/4 lengths ... Once again probably more like 15, just not at a split. He ended up 4th ... Officially losing by only 2 1/4 ... He was 17-1.

Being that they were 1st timers, seemingly disoriented in the paddock and blowing the starts ... These guys, IMHO, with the performances they put up once they gathered themselves are MUST plays at any kind of odds next time out!

I will be all over them!

If interested, I would suggest watching their replays from today on CalRacing.com.   

Senator L

Thanks Tinny! I see prospector alley in the charts (he was claimed)
But I dont see rprettyboyfloyd did he race friday

The Tin Man

Quote from: Senator L on January 05, 2014, 08:04:33 AM
Thanks Tinny! I see prospector alley in the charts (he was claimed)
But I dont see rprettyboyfloyd did he race friday

He ran yesterday in race 5 at Santa Anita.

Did you get a chance to view their races, SL?

perfectsoul

I did take note of rprettyboyfloyd. I will have to check out the other.

The Tin Man

Quote from: perfectsoul on January 05, 2014, 10:10:36 AM
I did take note of rprettyboyfloyd. I will have to check out the other.

Their races were very similar. If you liked Floyd's, you're gonna like PA's.

If they just break a little more alertly next out, they could be very nice value!  :)

Senator L

Quote from: The Tin Man on January 05, 2014, 10:20:26 AM
Their races were very similar. If you liked Floyd's, you're gonna like PA's.

If they just break a little more alertly next out, they could be very nice value!  :)

Of the two races I liked Prospector Alley the best (thanks for the heads up Tinny) he blew the turn a bit to!
he was moving. The other race the 1 and the 9 blew the break and both finished pretty well rprettyboyfloyd about
4 lengths in front of the 9

The Tin Man

Quote from: Senator L on January 06, 2014, 06:21:53 PM
Of the two races I liked Prospector Alley the best (thanks for the heads up Tinny) he blew the turn a bit to!
he was moving. The other race the 1 and the 9 blew the break and both finished pretty well rprettyboyfloyd about
4 lengths in front of the 9

You're welcome SL ... just trying to help get us a handicapping edge. Every little bit helps.

Another one to watch is from yesterday. The winner of the last race at Santa Anita, Ruff Proof ...

He was another 1st timer that was bigger than PA and Floyd, but exhibited the same bouncy toes and seeming disorientation in the paddock. Looked like he had no idea where the heck he was just like the other two. So I put him on top of my Superfecta at 28-1 ... Basically playing him because, not only did THIS ONE look really good, but he reminded me so much of the other 2 in the paddock.

Ruff Proof's race was very impressive to me. He basically pressed the pace from the start, seemed to have been put away in mid-race as he fell back, then RE-Rallied and blasted by them for the win in the deep stretch.

Unfortunately I didn't have the 3rd place horse though ... wish I'd have just had a flat win bet on Ruff Proof!

Sucks to find a 28-1 winner and not get paid! :(

If you DO re-watch races, I would highly suggest Ruff Proof's ... To get put away, re-rally and end up blowing them away in his debut at 28-1 was very, very impressive. 

Unless they jump him up in class though, he's probably not going to be such great odds next out.

Senator L

Sorry to hear you didn't have any win money on Ruff Proof - that hurts to
have one at such long odds and have empty pockets :( (that will learn ya! as
the saying goes).
It looked like some others were favored in the race as she was 8-1 ML and
just floated up. As for trip handicapping, when you see a horse incounter trouble
(in your eyes) double check the charts cause sometimes they miss it or don't think
the horse was in any trouble and don't put that in the charts and then you get a juicey price next time out. :lmao:

Dusty

OH Tinny - Ruff Proof just looked ready to run - he is gorgeous - and caused a carry over
May they run with the wind

Senator L

Quote from: The Tin Man on January 04, 2014, 07:54:23 PM
FIRST timers ...

Rprettyboyfloyd and Prospector Alley ...

Both looked very slight of build, discombobulated and very green in the paddock. I discounted BOTH of them because of this.

Rprettyboyfloyd running this weekend in the San Felipe. Looks like he'll
Love the two turns. Be at a price to
Then the race begins ... They BOTH got very poor breaks ... may have actually gotten stuck in the gate ...

Lagged very far behind for the first half of the race ... then heading into the final turn made really nice moves that required a lot of focus and excellent maneuvering and closed exceedingly well ...

Rprettyboyfloyd ... Officially trailed by 11 lengths ... But you know how that works ... It was probably more like 15, just not at a recorded split. He got up for 2nd ... Officially losing by 3 1/4 ... He was 21-1.

Prospector Alley ... Officially trailed by 10 1/4 lengths ... Once again probably more like 15, just not at a split. He ended up 4th ... Officially losing by only 2 1/4 ... He was 17-1.

Being that they were 1st timers, seemingly disoriented in the paddock and blowing the starts ... These guys, IMHO, with the performances they put up once they gathered themselves are MUST plays at any kind of odds next time out!

I will be all over them!

If interested, I would suggest watching their replays from today on CalRacing.com.   

The Tin Man

Quote from: Senator L on March 04, 2014, 08:14:29 AM

You didn't type anything Senator ... Or it didn't take ...  ;)

Senator L

Thanks tinman. Rprettyboyfloyd running in the san felipe this weekend. He
Really looks like a two turn horse and he will be a heckuva price

Print
User actions