Caixa Electronica Gone

Started by afleetphil, January 04, 2014, 08:40:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

afleetphil

Bad training accident at Belmont this morning. Gut wrenching.

Senator L

That sucks! He was a hard knocking horse.

peeptoad

Very sad.  :'(  He was a cool horse to watch; feel bad for the connections. Sounds like a real freak accident.

http://www.drf.com/news/belmont-park-caixa-eletronica-killed-training-accident

BaroqueAgain1

Hard to imagine how the horses apparently hit head-on...Caixa and his rider must not have seen Six Drivers until it was too late to avoid him.
:'(

The Tin Man

I've really got to wonder what kind of warning system Belmont has ...

When a horse goes down or is on the loose at Santa Anita ... a loud horn goes off sounding the alarm so everyone knows to stop roding and watch the f-ck out!

WarBiscuit

Four days into the year, and it's already been a rough start.  Caixa Eletronica was surely one of the more fun horses to
follow - all heart and tough as nails. I feel very bad for his connections and for all of his fans. I'll miss him for sure...

RIP Caixa Eletronica and Six Drivers.

WarBiscuit

Dusty

This is just heart wrenching. Unbelievable - RIP Caixa - you will be missed by many - so very very sad
May they run with the wind

BaroqueAgain1

I think I have read that Six Drivers dumped his rider at the gate, and also that the collision occurred near the gate. There may not have been enough time for an alarm to be sounded.

Man o Taz

Absolutely heartbreaking.

One of my favorites.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Delamont

Quote from: Man o Taz on January 06, 2014, 07:27:13 AM
Absolutely heartbreaking.

One of my favorites.

Mine, too, along with Saginaw.
Somebody bet on the gray!

TouchOfGrey

Quote from: Delamont on January 06, 2014, 07:28:56 AM
Mine, too, along with Saginaw.

Can't believe they're both gone.

I took this at the 2012 Met Mile:

Zenyatta

First Saginaw, now this one.  I was stunned when I heard the news, especially the manner in which it happened.  It still pains me to think about it.

Print
User actions