And the Eclipse for Two Year Old Colt Goes To...

Started by Zenyatta, December 15, 2013, 04:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenyatta

Hooves down, Shared Belief.

3 for 3
Winner of 2 graded stakes, 1 a G 1, 1 sprint and 1 2-turn
Defeated 2 G1 winners in the Hollywood Futurity
Ran a 106 Beyer, well above any other in his crop
Each win by 5+ lengths

One trainer who HRTV said "will remain nameless" opined "he won't be the same horse on conventional dirt." Meaning,  of course, that he won't run a lick.

Who do we know who is high-profile, has a dog in the fight, and is unprofessional enough to say this? 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count.  :flaming:

The Tin Man

He won pretty much geared down too!

Flashy win! This guy looks to be really really promising!

Got to go visit him on the backside today. He was eating up like a champ! Very smart and friendly fellow too.  :)

BTW ... Fury Kapcori is HUGE and muscled out like crazy! I had no idea. Very impressive physical specimen!

He's the biggest horse in the Hollendorfer SoCal stable.

Dave in TJ Mex

Quote from: Zenyatta on December 15, 2013, 04:32:21 PM
Hooves down, Shared Belief.

3 for 3
Winner of 2 graded stakes, 1 a G 1, 1 sprint and 1 2-turn
Defeated 2 G1 winners in the Hollywood Futurity
Ran a 106 Beyer, well above any other in his crop
Each win by 5+ lengths

One trainer who HRTV said "will remain nameless" opined "he won't be the same horse on conventional dirt." Meaning,  of course, that he won't run a lick.

Who do we know who is high-profile, has a dog in the fight, and is unprofessional enough to say this? 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count.  :flaming:

It WILL be an interesting vote, won't it!

And I love how you --- a long time Beyer "hater" who thinks his numbers are bogus ---- embrace his numbers when it adds support to your argument!!

Zenyatta

Quote from: Dave in TJ Mex on December 15, 2013, 09:03:50 PM
It WILL be an interesting vote, won't it!

And I love how you --- a long time Beyer "hater" who thinks his numbers are bogus ---- embrace his numbers when it adds support to your argument!!

You are so predictable re Beyer.  Hey, sometimes he's wtong and sometimes he's right. This time he was right.

Man o Taz

Originally, I bought into New Years Day...but that was when I thought he would enter the Hollywood Futurity.

Havana was my number two.

Shared Belief is impressive as is Honor Code. Honor Code has the 9 furlong graded stakes win in his favor. He has won the top stakes race at the greatest distance for a two year old.

It is very tough.

Based upon the what have you done for me lately POV it should Shared Belief.

However, now I am leaning toward Havana. He won the Champagne. He finished a good second in the BC Juvenile against a strong field. 

But I do really like Shared Belief. I actually like all of these two year olds. I even like Tap It Rich.

And Cairo Prince. He just barely lost the Remsen carrying what 5-6 pounds more than the winner? Maybe he should win it with his G2 Nashua Stakes win.

And then there is Tamarando.

Is he the only multiple stakes winner in this field. Granted they are not graded stakes, but he did win the Del Mar Futurity and the Real Quiet Stakes.

This is a nice problem to have.

I think they are all deserving. We'll see what the voters decide.

If New Year's Day, Havana, or Shared Belief win it - I will not be disappointed.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Dave in TJ Mex

Quote from: Zenyatta on December 16, 2013, 06:25:36 AM
You are so predictable re Beyer.  Hey, sometimes he's wtong and sometimes he's right. This time he was right.

I love the way you only say he is right on those occasions when a horse you like earns a high Beyer number!     :rhrse:

Man o Taz

Perhaps the point is that one cannot decide by BSFs alone.

I think we all would agree that BSFs are one factor in evaluating a horse's past performance.

It would be also interesting to know if HP was playing particularly fast that day or not.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Print
User actions