And the Two Year Old Eclipses Go To ....

Started by Zenyatta, December 01, 2013, 11:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenyatta

Who knows?  Was I the only one not particularly impressed by Honor Code yesterday? I think if New Years Day wins the Hollywood Futurity, the Eclipse is his. Two G1 over 1 G2 to me is a no-brainer.  And I'm an Honor Code fan, don't get me wrong, his Saratoga win was breathtaking. But since then he's been less so IMO.

She's a Tiger, despite the disqualification, displayed the most consistency over an otherwise mixed-up 2 year old filly group.

Vic in Chicago

Quote from: Zenyatta on December 01, 2013, 11:51:44 AM
Who knows?  Was I the only one not particularly impressed by Honor Code yesterday? I think if New Years Day wins the Hollywood Futurity, the Eclipse is his. Two G1 over 1 G2 to me is a no-brainer.  And I'm an Honor Code fan, don't get me wrong, his Saratoga win was breathtaking. But since then he's been less so IMO.

She's a Tiger, despite the disqualification, displayed the most consistency over an otherwise mixed-up 2 year old filly group.

I agree on both.
Giant Oak - The Pride Of Chicago!

Zenyatta

Honor Code got an 88 Beyer for his Remsen. I believer there was a MSW at Aqueduct run today that was faster. Ok, it was the next day, and pace scenario was vastly different, but this morning the HRTV guys were saying the Remsen was run like a Euro turf race rather than a dirt race.

Anyway, that division is still very much up in the air till the Hollywood Futurity. Looking forward to going to HP one last time.

peeptoad

Completely wide open.
I liked Honor Code a lot prior to the Remsen, still like him, but that was a pretty slow race. The 2yo filly race was slightly faster and the 3yo fillies were significantly faster... and there were no other 2-turn dirt races on the card Saturday. Maybe the track was playing slow on the routes, but I think these guys just aren't all that fast yet.
I'm hoping Shared Belief blows the doors off em in the Futurity, but that's not going to be enough for the award (and who cares yet anyway, ha ha).

peeptoad

...but seriously, now that I've looked at the 2yos to refresh my memory it is very close between the top 3-4 horses.

New Years' Day, Havana, and Honor Code all have a record of 2 for 3, with one other on the board finish. You could practically flip a coin. I don't think Honor Code gets it since his stakes win was a G2. Havana and NYD both won G1s, with NYD winning the bigger of the two. I think NYD gets it, or the result will be decided in the Futurity if Lukas ships Strong Mandate out. That one is close to the others too, with the only difference being that he's run more times (and lost more).

Zenyatta

How quickly I've forgotten about by Derby horse, Strong Mandate.  He's won a G1, finished a game 3rd in the BC Juvenile, and if he wins the Futurity it could cinch it for him. Decisions, decisions.

Dusty

Quote from: Vic in Chicago on December 01, 2013, 04:55:31 PM
Quote from: Zenyatta on December 01, 2013, 11:51:44 AM

I agree on both.

As do I...What are the odds on that??
May they run with the wind

Man o Taz

Quote from: Zenyatta on December 02, 2013, 06:37:22 PM
How quickly I've forgotten about by Derby horse, Strong Mandate.  He's won a G1, finished a game 3rd in the BC Juvenile, and if he wins the Futurity it could cinch it for him. Decisions, decisions.

I thought he was off for the rest of the year. Did not think he was going to the Hollywood Futurity.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Print
User actions