PICK OF THE DAY!

Started by Raven, November 17, 2013, 08:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peeptoad

A few for today:

SA6: #2 Drill. Yeah, Drill.
I really think this race is going to set up for one of the closers since there are more question marks about the frontrunners (Declassify looks the best of that bunch, but is light on experience and this is the class test). Cyclometer is a threat, but this distance is slightly beyond his best and he will get pace pressure. I don't think the 3 or the 5 are good enough and hitting  the front early is probably their only hope, hence a likely fast early pace. Drill is second only to Sahara Sky in the late pace figures and the latter will be no value. I am also concerned that he wore front wraps for the first time in his last and he threw in almost a career worst effort. If he is healthy Sahara Sky wins, but is he 100%??
So, with Drill hopefully picking up the pieces at likely great value I am going WPS on him, and also boxing with both #1 Declassify and #4 Sahara Sky for the exacta.

SA7: #3 Disregarded is my top pick and I hope she is disregarded at the windows. This race is pretty wide open and both #7 Famous Alice and #8 Clenor look formidable, but I am going with a better price (as per usual). disregarded shows improving speed figs, has an excellent pedigree for the surface/distance and got a brief freshening after breaking the maiden. She is virtually the only speed in the race  other than Rovenna, who appears to be much better suited to dirt rather than turf. If she can shake loose from that one early I expect a good effort and 12-1 ML is great value.
#3 Disregarded WPS and possibly box the 3, 7, 8 and maybe the 4 Morning Fix for the exacta.

SA8: #5 Salto del Indio is a horse I am going to take a  mild stab with at beating Game On Dude. Dude really needs to have an off day for anyone else to win this, but that is a slight possibility. #2 Fury Kapcori is a nice, up-and-coming horse who possesses very good early speed and may make things difficult for Dude early. At 10F I think Dude wants things his own way and, while 10F may be beyond the best for Fury (think he wants to go no farther than 8.5-9F possibly) his presence up front may hinder the heavy favorite.
Tough to get a read on Salto del Indio based on what he did in S Amer, but I suspect he will be running late and has a solid record at 10F, unlike some of the others. At 8-1 or better I am willing to take a shot with him.
#5 Salto del Indio WPS.

...and I might string together a P3 with those 3 stakes races as well.

good luck!

Senator L

Calder r4 #8 wp

Banned track (cd)
R5 #2wp
R8 ex box 1, 2
R7 #8 wp

Wdbn R4
#7 wp

Good luck

peeptoad

forgot one

MON11#2 Brendas Way- Win/show

gl

Senator L

Won on r5 2 hesinfront pd 7.00 and 3.60
Also got ex 57 and tri for a buck 1151.20
Good day :chickendance:

Raven

Quote from: Senator L on June 29, 2014, 07:12:49 AM
Way to go!!!Congrats.
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

Senator L

Thanks Raven

Raven

7th @Bellmont
Exacta box  #4Mariedtothemusic with #6Carried Interest

To add one more!  race #5     horse #6 Flamingo Lane    i see that she is 6/1 and i have to place a bet on her!!!

Spiro

Raven

Why am I on Pacific time?

Senator L

Gd call on the 6.
Trying the 8 at ap r5 w1, 4
Good luck

Raven

I'm emotionally drained after the Greek teams loss on penalty kicks.

So i'll try to get some emotional recharge!!!

SA Race#8
#5 Big Kick

Catalina

Quote from: Senator L on June 29, 2014, 07:12:49 AM

Good going!  Congrats!!! :thumbsup:

peeptoad

Excellent job, Sen!

Senator L

Some good racing this weekend - good luck everyone :chickendance:
BTW the Queens Plate has a mandatory pay out on its Super High 5 bet it for .20 cent

Belmont Park R7 sat

ex box 5,7,10 leaving out the Kitten. I know he's a monster
but he runs a little head strong, and at a 1 1/4 on yielding turf, its gonna be tough to keep going

wp on the hightest odds of 5,7,10
good luck

Senator L

Sat wdbn r5
#13 Red Zeppelin wps 30-1 ml
Good luck

Raven

Belmont race#2
#2 Confrontation
Love the last two workouts!!!

Print