PICK OF THE DAY!

Started by Raven, November 17, 2013, 08:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stark

Very logical play o' the day DD @ Santa Anita Saturday if you were a fan.....

4th. 9-Lucky Wally 5/1
5th. 5-Eddie Haskell 7/2

:lmao:

Senator L

CD R5 #1 Strike Silver wps   out
R6 #13 My gal betty wps      out
R7 #4 Restless Rider wps     3.90  3.20
R8 #7 SomelikeitBrown wps   8.20
R9 #13 Topper T wps     out but lucky I did a saver bet - couldn't believe this horse Knicks Go
was 40-1 again Bet   33171119866943   Churchill, Race 9, $17.00 SHW 10   $96.05   $17.00

Good luck :chickendance:

peeptoad

I wasn't going to bet today, but since he drew in win bet on #13 Big drink of water and also #4 Stillwater Cove- CD5

gl

stark

Big day Saturday.
I can't find a single for rolling exotics, not even Enable as Waldgeist ain't exactly chopped liver.

So, for the purpose of bragging rights, and cash in MY wallet, here's my one and only best bet of the day.

Race 9 The Distaff

# 9 WOW CAT for Chad Brown and one of the Ortiz brothers at 8/1 on the morning line.
The favorites, while all very good horses seem to have some question marks attached, while WowCat seems to be an improving sort for his 4th race in the country.

Best wishes all, enjoy the day.

peeptoad

FM Sprint - Selcourt, Miss Sunset, Marley's Freedom
Trying to get a longshot into the mix, but I won't be betting this one.
Turf Sprint - Hembree
He won me $ last out so I'll stay with him. The added 1/2f on the turf sprints this year should suit him. I'll also like Stormy Liberal and Rainbow Heir.
Dirt Mile - Trigger Warning, Catalina Cruiser
I think CC is good enough to alter Sadler's BC record, but anything can happen. Been waiting since July for them to turn Trigger Warning back to one turn. Also like Seeking the Soul, Firenze Fire, and Seven Trumpets underneath. Go get em.
FM Turf - Wild Illusion, Eziyra, Paved and Fourstar Crook. In that order...
if Eziyra had a better post she might be my top pick. Think Paved will do well with the added distance. Box those 4 for the exacta.
Sprint - Imperial Hint, Whitmore.
Roy H is the other with a strong chance at the win, also Promises, but I don't like him as much getting pressed by Hint. Think Limo Liberal wants another furlong to fire his best. no bets since I expect chalk.
Mile - Mustashry, Expert Eye, Catapult
I also give Oscar Performance a huge chance if the turf is firm and he doesn't scratch. On Thursday the trainer sounded very unsure and said they were leaning towards scratching. Maybe the turf will firm up and he'll stay in. I also read that Expert Eye may scratch so I'm holding off on this one as well.
Distaff - Abel Tasman, Blue Prize, Wonder Gadot
Boxed for the exacta. I might bet Blue Prize if her odds stay near the ML. I also think this is Gadot's best dirt track. I hammered her for the oaks and she almost got there. If she's rebounded off the last couple I expect a good run from her. Dissimilarly, I think Monomoy Girl has had a long season and maybe over the top. She also could get hung wide with that post.
Turf - Enable, Arklow, Robert Bruce, Waldgeist
In that order. I expect Enable to win, but who knows...  Arklow is a horse who has improved recently (and since the switch to turf) and stranger things have happened.
Classic - Thunder Snow, Catholic Boy, Yoshida

Accelerate and West Coast will take most of the green, and I'd place them next due to a combination of post and low odds. Of the two I give Accelerate a better chance if he can overcome the post. Too many questions in my mind about West Coast and second off that layoff, but no real reason why he can't be right there. Thunder Snow to me seems primed and he's adept on dirt and at the distance. He's also tractable, can send or take back if needed. I fully expect Mendy to go, esp. with the defection of Diversify, but I don't think he wants 10F like some of these others do. I feel similarly about Yoshida at 10F, though I think he'll take to the track surface here just fine. Catholic Boy might be the third best of his crop, but I think he'll jump forward again here and we know he's game; question remains whether he's good enough to handle these right now.
At my own peril I am tossing McKinzie (not sold on him in this particular spot, and esp at 10F), Mind Your Biscuits (nothing but respect for him, but another added furlong is a tall order against these) and Pavel (who is getting an amazing amount of support from the pundits considering he's 0-5 at 10F and only 1-7 against G1 company).

Senator L

sat
Turf Sprint I love Disco Partner and he's me over 5k the last 3 years but
it might be too soft so I m gonna jump on the Hembree band wagon - great price too  :celebrate:
I think I will change mind and go with the #1 Ruby Notion - she is going well and likes the give good luck

FandM sprint  #8 Mia Mischief wps
R5 #4 Seven Trumpets wps
R6 #4 Paved  :chickendance:over #14 Eziyra + wps
R7 #2 Promises Fulfilled wps
R8 #11 Lightening Spear wps
R9 #5 Wonder Gadot wps
r10 #8 Liam the Charmer wps
r11 #2 Roaring Lion wps

Good luck

stark

Santa Anita Race 7 bomber
I like that angle!
https://twitter.com/Quigleys_Corner/status/1058693337148870656

Senator L

WOW it's a chalk fest today ... never did so bad on a Breeders Cup and the one bomb there
was I didn't have. Always next year  :celebrate:

stark

I wish I would've known my highlight of the day was going to be in the very first race thanks to Scarlet Rose.

Nov 3rd 2018BCS:3$5.00Win
8:29 am ET14
PAYOUT TOTAL:$134.50
BET TOTAL:$5.00
SERIAL NUMBER:48949281647847

Senator L

:chickendance:

Nice going Stark  :celebrate:

You only need one!

peeptoad

Nice job stark!!

@Senator- I didn't do so well either. Got the show on a couple, but not such a good betting year  :chickendance:

stark

thanks very much folks,

obviously I wagered the remainder of the day as if I knew what I was doing,
What was I thinking!

peeptoad

DMR1: #7 Goldie's Hills
GPW8: #2 Vow to Recover

peeptoad

Quote from: peeptoad on November 10, 2018, 04:09:00 AM
DMR1: #7 Goldie's Hills 2nd at 17/1
GPW8: #2 Vow to Recover 1st at 7/2

Senator L