exacta 6-2
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

Raven

SA
race#2
#9 Brandothebartender

stark

Gary Stevens and his new hip are anxious to visit the winners circle on a big day when the whole country is watching.

Race 6.  #4 SHEHASTHE RITESTUFF 8/1 for Paddy Gallagher  just missed last time going for 3 in a row, can rebound here.

Race 7.  #4 SABURO 6-1  Newly licensed owner/trainer Ruis is one of the primary reasons Stevens wanted to comeback from surgery, riding first call for this guy no matter how crazy that sounds.  This guy cost $600,000 and has been training well for first try in the afternoon.

Race 11.  #6 GRAND PRIX at 20/1 for the other Mandella.  First time at a mile but finished up well coming down the hill before heading north to run on the fake stuff.  Back on grass, big price, just has to beat Sally.

Will be using these three in all exotics, any one of 'em wins and I'll be + for the day!

Raven

SA
Race#11
#10 Beau Recall

stark

Quote from: stark on March 11, 2017, 09:48:24 AM
Gary Stevens and his new hip are anxious to visit the winners circle on a big day when the whole country is watching.

Race 6.  #4 SHEHASTHE RITESTUFF 8/1 for Paddy Gallagher  just missed last time going for 3 in a row, can rebound here. $16.40   $5.80   $4.80

Race 7.  #4 SABURO 6-1  Newly licensed owner/trainer Ruis is one of the primary reasons Stevens wanted to comeback from surgery, riding first call for this guy no matter how crazy that sounds.  This guy cost $600,000 and has been training well for first try in the afternoon.  Still running

Race 11.  #6 GRAND PRIX at 20/1 for the other Mandella.  First time at a mile but finished up well coming down the hill before heading north to run on the fake stuff.  Back on grass, big price, just has to beat Sally.  Still running

Will be using these three in all exotics, any one of 'em wins and I'll be + for the day!

stark

Race 7 at Santa Anita today we're playing a horse that could pay $100 to win, that makes it hard to make her look too good.

BUT.....#8 DULCE ARABE, a very lightly raced 6yo looks interesting at 20/1 on the morning line for McAnally/Blanc.

This transplant from the east coast needs to get back on grass which is what she's doing today, Pletcher thought that was the answer last year when she got hammered down to even money routing and almost went wire to wire at Gulfstream.

She was given a race in February here on dirt and came back bleeding from the mouth after trailing the field all the way around at 58-1  Going just 6 1/2 down the hillside should serve her well and she's had 4 regularly scheduled works (6f-6f-5f-4f) since that last official exercise.

In a race where all the favorites seem to have question marks, lets go for the price...Don't bleed, lay up close, finish strong and light up the toteboard, that's all I ask ;)

stark

Quote from: stark on March 16, 2017, 11:43:27 AM
Race 7 at Santa Anita today we're playing a horse that could pay $100 to win, that makes it hard to make her look too good.

BUT.....#8 DULCE ARABE, a very lightly raced 6yo looks interesting at 20/1 on the morning line for McAnally/Blanc.

This transplant from the east coast needs to get back on grass which is what she's doing today, Pletcher thought that was the answer last year when she got hammered down to even money routing and almost went wire to wire at Gulfstream.

She was given a race in February here on dirt and came back bleeding from the mouth after trailing the field all the way around at 58-1  Going just 6 1/2 down the hillside should serve her well and she's had 4 regularly scheduled works (6f-6f-5f-4f) since that last official exercise.

In a race where all the favorites seem to have question marks, lets go for the price...Don't bleed, lay up close, finish strong and light up the toteboard, that's all I ask ;)

The one thing I was right about was the overall picture of the race, the favorites had question marks and the winner paid $30, so the idea of looking long was a good one, but my guy at 70-1 lost all heart in the stretch, oh well.  A double DQ race and lots of unhappy folks.

Dusty

Oaklawn Saturday taking a shot as I think there is a LOT of speed in this race

Race 10 - REBEL  #11 Lookin at Lee -
May they run with the wind

Senator L

Might try the Rebel too  :chickendance:
going with a different closer though

5  Untrapped (KY)     3/C L I Ortiz, Jr. 115 S M Asmussen 8/1  :chickendance:
good luck

stark

Starting with the basic premise that WEST IS BEST ;), looking for a closer and hoping that John Sheriffs has trained ROYAL MO to sit, wait, pounce and not get involved in a speed duel.

peeptoad

I like Royal Mo too. He's going to take some $.
Might box him with Petrov, Silver Dust, and Untrapped

gl

stark

Quote from: stark on March 18, 2017, 08:14:17 AM
Starting with the basic premise that WEST IS BEST ;), looking for a closer and hoping that John Sheriffs has trained ROYAL MO to sit, wait, pounce and not get involved in a speed duel.

Scratch that.....going for the BOMB in a race I think will fall apart and create chaos.  #1 Silver Bullion at 30-1 for Lukas will still be running in the stretch, can't say that for some of the others.

stark

Really disappointed that 20-1 longshot FEAR THE COWBOY scratched from the Essex at Oaklawn today, thought he had a real chance against Baffert at 7/5 or Pletcher at 7/2 and dropping in price.

Might be worth following, I'll need to be reminded via stable mail, although the Thorograph guys like him so his price might be compromised if healthy next time?

Print
User actions