Main Menu

Paved

Started by peeptoad, January 08, 2018, 05:33:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peeptoad

Seems like a very nice 3yo filly in the making. She just broke her maiden at SA Saturday on the turf. The final time was just 2 ticks off the final time for the G2 Stakes race for older males later on the card. The maiden race unfolded differently pace-wise (faster earlier and a bit slower later than the G2), but Paved won by open lengths and had two nice efforts prior coming in. Obviously you can't make a direct comparison, but she's possibly one to watch in the turf distaff division this year...

Dusty

Headed to Cal Racing to watch the race - thanks for the heads up
May they run with the wind

Senator L

I was very impressed with that race too and put her in my stable.
She looks like she could run all day to  :chickendance:

Man o Taz

Keep your eye on Henning's Cache on the PWC undercard. She was the favorite but could have some potential.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Senator L

guess who's running  :chickendance: :chickendance: :chickendance:    Saturday

Race 7  Post: 6:45 PM ET All Weather Track

El Camino Real Derby
1 1/8 Miles | Open | 3 Year Olds | G STAKES | PURSE: $100,000
RACE INFO

TRAINER   CLAIM $   MED.   
L
1   1      Paved
D. Van Dyke
117 Lbs
M. McCarthy      L   

peeptoad

Hmmm. Interesting placement.  I guess we'll see if she likes the synthetic anyway...

peeptoad

It seems that distaff turf races are in Paved's future and the El Camino Real is a means to that end. There is a nice article on Bloodhorse daily about her, and the connections say the La provedencia in April is next. Theyre trying to get foundation into her for the bigger turf races in CA, NY, KY later in the year.
So, it seems like a win here is not necessarily a requirement and I'm glad to see they do not have designs on the Derby. The plan instead is to bring her along more slowly to have her at her best later on.

At short odds she's a play against here with all the hurdles she needs to overcome,  bit if she runs back to her last she's in with a real shot.

Senator L

I can't take 2-1 I'm going to try the #3 Could be the ONe
on the stretch out  :chickendance: :chickendance: :chickendance:

curtis

Quote from: peeptoad on February 16, 2018, 03:36:56 AM
It seems that distaff turf races are in Paved's future and the El Camino Real is a means to that end. There is a nice article on Bloodhorse daily about her, and the connections say the La provedencia in April is next. Theyre trying to get foundation into her for the bigger turf races in CA, NY, KY later in the year.
So, it seems like a win here is not necessarily a requirement and I'm glad to see they do not have designs on the Derby. The plan instead is to bring her along more slowly to have her at her best later on.

At short odds she's a play against here with all the hurdles she needs to overcome,  bit if she runs back to her last she's in with a real shot.
Now it sounds like the connections are coming down with Oaks Fever. Paved is being considered for the Santa Anita Oaks. Not sure if she's nominated for the Oaks, Bourbon Style but it will be interesting to see if she likes dirt. She sure looked good against those C+ level colts on synthetic.

peeptoad

Ah, good old Oaks fever... maybe not as contagious at Derby Fever, but a late winter/springtime affliction all the same!

Senator L

Guess what gorgeous filly is running in the Breeders Cup?  :chickendance: I've always
thought the longer she goes the better. This will be her longest race yet and she is going
to light up the tote board  :chickendance:

Dusty

Quote from: Senator L on October 30, 2018, 05:16:45 AM
Guess what gorgeous filly is running in the Breeders Cup?  :chickendance: I've always
thought the longer she goes the better. This will be her longest race yet and she is going
to light up the tote board  :chickendance:

I hope so!!!
May they run with the wind

peeptoad

I give her half a chance in this race and I agree she looks good going longer. Hopefully she can close well on this course and get a piece; it's a tough field.

Print
User actions