Hear the Ghost is back!

Started by peeptoad, November 05, 2013, 04:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peeptoad

My favorite 3yo from earlier this year returns in race 2 at HOL on Thursday. Go Ghost!  :rhrse:

...and if I knew how to post fields so the formatting didn't appear all wonky, then I would (it's a short field though).

Zenyatta

Quote from: peeptoad on November 05, 2013, 04:01:01 AM
My favorite 3yo from earlier this year returns in race 2 at HOL on Thursday. Go Ghost!  :rhrse:

...and if I knew how to post fields so the formatting didn't appear all wonky, then I would (it's a short field though).

Just go ahead and post the wonky field. I can fix it.

Good to the Ghost back. What was the extent of his injury?

peeptoad

OK. The field is below. I have no idea what his injury even was... never could find anything specific on DRF or any of the other news outlets. I am also wondering about Nonios because he has been off almost a year now and was reportedly injured as well.

6 1/2 Furlongs | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up |  ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING ( $62,500 ) |  Purse: $52,000 

PP  HORSE JOCKEY TRAINER CLAIM $ EQUIP. MED.

1   Hear the Ghost    C. Nakatani   118 Lbs   J. Hollendorfer      L 
2   Cyclometer    M. Smith   120 Lbs   B. Headley      L 
3   Ready for More    J. Talamo   120 Lbs   M. Puype  $62,500   L 
4   Atta Boy Pete    E. Maldonado  122 Lbs   J. Hollendorfer  $62,500   L 
5   Charlie'sboywins    J. Steiner   122 Lbs   W. Gregory      L 

Charlie

Woo! I always thought he had an awesome name. I think his injury was a tendon or hoof problem? But since so many have those issues I could be confusing him with someone else.

peeptoad

If I was betting this race (and I am not) I would actually bet against Ghost. This is a weak field and he;s probably the best going forward, but off an 8-month injury layoff there are question marks. My guess is Cyclometer or Ready For More beats him to the wire today.

BaroqueAgain1

Cyclometer did win and, after a pretty poor run, I think 'Ghost may have finally started running and squeaked up for second.

WarBiscuit

The Ghost ran a great race! Came in 2nd - looks like he's ready for 2014. I never expect much from any horse
in the 1st or 2nd race following such a long layoff, but HTG hasn't lost a step...

WarBiscuit

peeptoad

I just got around to watching a replay of this race last  night (stupid real life getting in the way). Thought Ghost actually closed pretty well in the last 50 yds or so, though maybe that was an optical of sorts. He looked well-beaten coming off the turn and ran on better than I expected. Looking forward to see where he ends up next. I think he is better around 2 turns (so hopefully not the Malibu).

peeptoad

Hear the Ghost is entered in the Native Diver this Saturday at HOL. That race looks like it drew a really nice field... go Ghost!

Senator L

Hope he does well

peeptoad

I actually think he might get upstaged by a couple of others in here, namely Blueskiesnrainbows on the cutback and possible Drill, who is stretching out again after some time sprinting I think.
Pulling for the Ghost though.

Senator L

I think he'll hit the board for sure. The other ones I like are Rousing Sermon and Mobilized
Good luck

peeptoad

Unfolded pretty much as I expected... and I haven't even seen the replay yet, lol. I should have bet yesterday, but was tied up with other things.

Print
User actions