Main Menu

Started by Vic in Chicago, November 03, 2013, 01:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vic in Chicago

The opposite of the "Who Will Retire" thread is a thread about who we think/know is coming back next year that we're REALLY looking forward to seeing.  Part of this, of course, is which two-year-olds are we expecting to emerge as threats at Triple Crown time, male and female?

I'll start with two obvious ones...I am really looking forward to seeing Will Take Charge and Beholder next year.

What do you think?
Giant Oak - The Pride Of Chicago!

Islandgirl45

I'm looking forward to seeing the "big names" you mentioned in 2014. But there's a couple others who are further down the totem pole that I'm following, too.

For sentimental reason because he's my favorite horse, I'd love to see Jackson Bend get his mojo back next year. I recently read he's staying in training for 2014, so I'm very interested to see where they place him next year.

I also love Cathy's Crunches. Haven't read whether she'll be back next year, though.

Edited to add: I would absolutely love to see Wise Dan go overseas and kick some butt at Royal Ascot!

jjacks1

Gary Stevens said Mucho Macho Man will be back next year. Wonder if that's true?
Just another sh*tty day in Paradise

The Tin Man

Quote from: jjacks1 on November 03, 2013, 02:06:08 PM
Gary Stevens said Mucho Macho Man will be back next year. Wonder if that's true?

Very likely coming back I would guess.

Per Kathy Ritvo at Clocker's Corner this morning, he's going back to Florida now for a little R & R. She didn't mention anything else with him in particular. But some of us said since he's done so well here she should keep him here. She said the weather is similar in Florid. Which gave a strong indicator that she's planning on his being there next year.

So nothing.g official ... just strong implication ... for what its worth.

jjacks1

Quote from: The Tin Man on November 03, 2013, 04:05:48 PM
Quote from: jjacks1 on November 03, 2013, 02:06:08 PM

Very likely coming back I would guess.

Per Kathy Ritvo at Clocker's Corner this morning, he's going back to Florida now for a little R & R. She didn't mention anything else with him in particular. But some of us said since he's done so well here she should keep him here. She said the weather is similar in Florid. Which gave a strong indicator that she's planning on his being there next year.

So nothing.g official ... just strong implication ... for what its worth.

AWESOME!
Where's those awesome pics from BC?  ;)

BaroqueAgain1

If Tap It Rich can settle down and learn to run straight, I think he could be very good next year. The colt's got legs that are longer than a Rockette's, and he may do well with a bit more ground. Derby distance? That I don't know...yet.
  One Juvenile colt that didn't come to the BC was Honor Code, but I read that the A.P. Indy colt is planning to run in the Remsen at Aqueduct. I look forward to seeing him and Strong Mandate in their next race.
  Indy Point did well in the Turf (3rd) and I've read that his South American owners are going to run him next year, and aren't afraid of shipping him. It will be fun to see where he shows up. Maybe Britain? Oz? New York?!?  ;D

Blue Jeans

First on my wish list is Wise Dan ... followed by Mucho Macho Man, Will Take Charge, Palace Malice, Game On Dude, Beholder, Princess of Sylmar, Egg Drop (been a fav since she was a 2yo) .... and several others ... including Silver Max, Za Approval.
A horse doesn't care how much you know, until he knows how much you care. ~Pat Parelli

Horse sense, n.: Stable thinking. ~Author Unknown

jjacks1

Thank you for mentioning Egg Drop - I love her too!  :hug:

Blue Jeans

If Wise Dan stays happy and healthy, he's back in 2014 but on a lighter schedule .... and no handicap races for that fella.  He'll have another long vacation (longer than usual this time), which helps keep that horse so happy! 
He'll gain weight .... let his hair grow long ... and just enjoy being a horse.

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/breeders-cup/wise-dan-expected-for-lighter-season-in-2014/

The connections of Wise Dan have always made it so easy to love that horse!  They really do mean what they say .... Wise Dan comes first!  Realize every horse is not as fortunate as WD, but when one comes along like him ... it sure makes racing one hell of a fun and exciting time!  Wish all horses could be so fortunate!
A horse doesn't care how much you know, until he knows how much you care. ~Pat Parelli

Horse sense, n.: Stable thinking. ~Author Unknown

Print
User actions