The Juvenile. . .

Started by Dave in TJ Mex, November 02, 2013, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave in TJ Mex

. . . I thought Strong Mandate ran huge, given he was rushed to the lead, went about 6 wide on the first turn, and set a strong pace.

Not sure what happened to Havana.  Did he tire or just stop running after he made the lead?

New Year's Day will never get a better trip.  His win was nowhere as good as it looked, IMO.

Zenyatta

Quote from: Dave in TJ Mex on November 02, 2013, 06:45:51 PM
. . . I thought Strong Mandate ran huge, given he was rushed to the lead, went about 6 wide on the first turn, and set a strong pace.

Not sure what happened to Havana.  Did he tire or just stop running after he made the lead?

New Year's Day will never get a better trip.  His win was nowhere as good as it looked, IMO.

The track bias was down the rail, so while NYD didn't ride the rail with the frontrunners, he still got a dream trip where the track played best.

I also was impressed with Strong Mandate. He lost A LOT of ground with that outside post, and being carried wide around the first turn.

Dusty

Quote from: Dave in TJ Mex on November 02, 2013, 06:45:51 PM

May not have been as it looked - but it paid - and I cashed - so I am good..
May they run with the wind