Main Menu

DelMar

Started by Dusty, July 23, 2016, 11:45:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty

May they run with the wind

stark

I hope Art doesn't have a stomach ache too!

Flanders

Dutchessa was put down following the 2nd race after breaking down after the wire.

CA_Chrome

There was a horse in the 8th race (one before the San Diego Hcp) who was pulled up and DNF. I'm eagerly awaiting reports on how the San Diego horses came out of that race.

stark

Quote from: Flanders on July 23, 2016, 05:23:47 PM
Dutchessa was put down following the 2nd race after breaking down after the wire.

Had won her prior 2 races and 7 overall. This was her 34th lifetime start, first on dirt

BaroqueAgain1

IIRC, the name of the horse who pulled up entering the stretch in the 8th was Ish.

CA_Chrome

Quote from: BaroqueAgain1 on July 24, 2016, 12:00:01 PM
IIRC, the name of the horse who pulled up entering the stretch in the 8th was Ish.

Yes, Ish..that's the horse. Does anyone know his condition?

Flanders

Quote from: CA_Chrome on July 24, 2016, 12:22:08 PM
Yes, Ish..that's the horse. Does anyone know his condition?
The chart says she walked off.

BaroqueAgain1

The filly Fasnacloich broke down in the 2nd, a 1-mile AOC on the turf and, per DRF's Privman, her injuries were so severe that she has been euthanized.  :'(
Frack

BaroqueAgain1

There's an update for Big Book, which doesn't sound wonderful.  :(
   Vets uncertain whether they can save Big Book
   Big Book, a three-time winner who was graded stakes-placed last year, remained under evaluation on Sunday, a day after sustaining sesamoid injuries in a workout at Del Mar. Trainer Tim Yakteen said veterinarians were assessing whether Big Book could undergo an operation and be saved as a broodmare.
    The rest of the article is behind the paywall: http://www.drf.com/news/preview/vets-uncertain-whether-they-can-save-big-book

Catalina

I've been holding my breath on her as well as on Stradivari (Saratoga), who also has a sesamoid injury, in addition to a condylar fractuure.

Dusty

Quote from: Flanders on July 24, 2016, 02:35:35 PM
The chart says she walked off.

RIP = I was afraid of that...
May they run with the wind

Catalina

Quote from: Dusty on July 24, 2016, 05:44:38 PM
RIP = I was afraid of that...

Why on earth didn't Garcia have her vanned off? 

Catalina

There's 7 that had to be put down since the beginning of this meet, middle of last week.

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/the-biz/del-mar-recent-rash-equine-injuries-raises-concerns-draws-protest/

stark

Trying my best to follow the logic with regards to protests and unhappy people......Mr. Mandella thought it not safe to work his prize mare one day BUT IT WAS OKAY TO SEND HER OUT THE FOLLOWING MORNING EVEN THOUGH THE TRACK MANAGEMENT SAID WE DIDN"T TAKE ANY CORRECTIVE ACTION.

Huh?

Print
User actions