Main Menu

BEHOLDER

Started by Flintknapper, November 01, 2013, 04:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flintknapper

I have to freak out here. I love this horse. She always fires even when everyone thinks she shouldn't. (Juvenile Fillies, Kentucky Oaks.) I am ecstatic right now.
:happy:
Anyone else a fan?

Zenyatta

Me too. She's 3 year old filly champion as far as I'm concerned.

Too bad about Princess of Sylmar, I really wanted to see her in the mix at the end.

jjacks1

Beholder ran a great race but I'm not giving up on Princess for filly champion!  :)
Just another sh*tty day in Paradise

Dave in TJ Mex

Quote from: Zenyatta on November 01, 2013, 04:55:06 PM
Me too. She's 3 year old filly champion as far as I'm concerned.

Too bad about Princess of Sylmar, I really wanted to see her in the mix at the end.

Didn't you see the race?  She was "in the mix at the end."

The END of the field as it finished!    :chickendance:

Zenyatta

I said I wished she'd been in the mix.

Every horse throws in a clunker every now snd then. They can't all be winners every time. But it may not be the campaign, the travel or the track. She and RD could have simply been beaten by a better horse.

Beholder is now only the 2nd horse to have captured 2 BC races, along with Zenyatta. She's the only juvenile to move forward and win the older division race. My hat's off to her.

Now that it appears Mandella has her more calm, perhaps she will do some traveling in 2014? I hope so.

Islandgirl45

For sentimental reasons, really wanted Royal Delta to get her three-peat. She looked great going to the post, but sure didn't have that much interest in running.

Didn't expect Princess of Sylmar to be so far out of it either. Dunno if it was a long campaign in her case?

Whatever their excuses, it was a terrific race by Beholder. Looking forward to seeing her run next year.

Blue Jeans

First, congrats to Beholder and connections.

Sooo sorry for Princess of Sylmar!  I pouted for two weeks after Stanco changed his mind about sending her to SA.  She should've stayed home! 

Sorry for Royal Delta.
A horse doesn't care how much you know, until he knows how much you care. ~Pat Parelli

Horse sense, n.: Stable thinking. ~Author Unknown

curtis

Quote from: Zenyatta on November 02, 2013, 07:32:53 AM
I said I wished she'd been in the mix.

Every horse throws in a clunker every now snd then. They can't all be winners every time. But it may not be the campaign, the travel or the track. She and RD could have simply been beaten by a better horse.

Beholder is now only the 2nd horse to have captured 2 BC races, along with Zenyatta. She's the only juvenile to move forward and win the older division race. My hat's off to her.

Now that it appears Mandella has her more calm, perhaps she will do some traveling in 2014? I hope so.

Beholder travelled to Churchill Downs and then came home to prep for the Breeder's Cup.  Where did she need to go?

Zenyatta

Quote from: curtis on November 02, 2013, 12:12:23 PM

Beholder travelled to Churchill Downs and then came home to prep for the Breeder's Cup.  Where did she need to go?

Read my post again. I said 2014. That's next year, as a 4 year old.

curtis

Quote from: Zenyatta on November 02, 2013, 01:30:59 PM
Quote from: curtis on November 02, 2013, 12:12:23 PM

Read my post again. I said 2014. That's next year, as a 4 year old.
I did read it.  Where does she need to go next year?

Zenyatta

How about the Apple Blossom? Zenyatta and Azeri both won it twice.  And Ron McAnally campaigned the great Bayakoa all over too, winning the Apple Blossom, Spinster and the Ruffian.

Granted, these are different connections, but one would think with Spendthrift as owner they might want to take her on the road for at least one or two races outside of California.

Dusty

Quote from: Flintknapper on November 01, 2013, 04:50:48 PM
I have to freak out here. I love this horse. She always fires even when everyone thinks she shouldn't. (Juvenile Fillies, Kentucky Oaks.) I am ecstatic right now.
:happy:
Anyone else a fan?

YES!!!!! I was there- what a thrill to see her pull AWAY!!!
May they run with the wind

Flintknapper

Quote from: Zenyatta on November 02, 2013, 09:06:54 PM
How about the Apple Blossom? Zenyatta and Azeri both won it twice.  And Ron McAnally campaigned the great Bayakoa all over too, winning the Apple Blossom, Spinster and the Ruffian.

Granted, these are different connections, but one would think with Spendthrift as owner they might want to take her on the road for at least one or two races outside of California.

I hope she goes to the Apple Blossom, because I'll be there!  :celebrate:

Zenyatta

After what I've seen of Beholder in her last 2 races, now that she's matured and calmed down, she IMO could be on a par with Azeri.   This is why I sure hope she runs at 4 and proves my assertion.

Dave in TJ Mex

Quote from: Zenyatta on November 03, 2013, 08:09:41 AM
After what I've seen of Beholder in her last 2 races, now that she's matured and calmed down, she IMO could be on a par with Azeri.   This is why I sure hope she runs at 4 and proves my assertion.

Maybe she has the potential to be as good as Azeri, but that will be no easy task.  HOY once and older female horse three times for Azeri, 17 for 24 lifetime, and for of those losses happened after she got hurt and the owners transferred her to D. Wayne Lukas, who then started running her in the wrong spots?

Azeri was some horse.

Print
User actions