Chrome Wins World Cup in Dubai

Started by afleetphil, March 26, 2016, 12:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afleetphil

Very impressive showing by Chrome. Kentucky Derby, Preakness and now World Cup, he's certainly a hall of fame horse in my opinion.

Zenyatta

And we are all so glad to see him back to his 2014 form too. Come to think of it .... I am rounding back into form after an inexcusably long absence.

Glad to be back, finally.

:happy:

Giant Oak

Hey folks...It's the Oakster, the pride of Chicago!  Glad to be back on TBR Fans!

CC looked great yesterday!  Running 3-4 wide all the way around, plus a "slip-sliding'" saddle coming down the stretch.  Made no difference - he was not going to be denied.  Reminded me of Curlin and Well-Armed's dominant performances a few years back.

CC - come on home and let's see you this summer, and of course in the BCC this Fall! 

Giant Oak

Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=R2ihAGhZ9K4

Enjoyed the track announcer as Chrome crossed the finish line:

"It's alchemy here in Dubai as Chrome turns to Gold!".

Man o Taz

All-time North American money earner at over $12 million in earnings.
Sets stakes and track record on dirt of 2:01.83.
Chrome proves Art Sherman prescient in his pre-race comments that he is 5 lengths better this year. He lost by 2 3/4 lengths last year to Prince Bishop and won this year by 3 3/4 lengths.
Hoppertunity finishes ahead of the two three year old competitors that American Pharoah faced last year, Frosted and Keen Ice.
Mubtaahij redeems himself with a 2nd place finish. 
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Zenyatta

Quote from: Man o Taz on March 28, 2016, 11:31:47 AM
All-time North American money earner at over $12 million in earnings.
Sets stakes and track record on dirt of 2:01.83.
Chrome proves Art Sherman prescient in his pre-race comments that he is 5 lengths better this year. He lost by 2 3/4 lengths last year to Prince Bishop and won this year by 3 3/4 lengths.
Hoppertunity finishes ahead of the two three year old competitors that American Pharoah faced last year, Frosted and Keen Ice.
Mubtaahij redeems himself with a 2nd place finish.

I knew Hoppertunity would do well. He always gets a piece of it, and is very underrated. He just doesn't have the sustained accelaration of a horse like CC.

Print
User actions