In Memoriam 2013

Started by jjacks1, October 25, 2013, 12:18:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Tin Man

Quote from: jjacks1 on October 28, 2013, 01:43:04 PM
Hewitts 2004 (g) Concerto x Romance Me by Cozzene No photo credit given on PQ but this looks like Davids work (The Tin Man)

Unseated his rider then ran into a stationary object while training at Belmont Park October 26, 2013. RIP.  :'(

You are correct young lady. The pic of Hewitts was one of mine. I wasn't putting in photo credits yet then.

It's a damn shame to lose any of them, but this guy had really paid his dues and earned a LOT of money for his connections. The old guys(Hewitts was 9) really hold a soft spot with me ... and to die that way ... Ugh!

He won his last race ...

He leaves us with the following record ... May this old war horse rest in peace ... although I'd have much preferred he were resting at a farm for many, many years instead ... :(

Career Statistics:

Starts: 51
Firsts: 9
Seconds: 10
Thirds: 7
Earnings: $408,173

jjacks1

Quote from: The Tin Man on October 28, 2013, 10:51:41 PM
Quote from: jjacks1 on October 28, 2013, 01:43:04 PM
Hewitts 2004 (g) Concerto x Romance Me by Cozzene No photo credit given on PQ but this looks like Davids work (The Tin Man)

Unseated his rider then ran into a stationary object while training at Belmont Park October 26, 2013. RIP.  :'(

You are correct young lady. The pic of Hewitts was one of mine. I wasn't putting in photo credits yet then.

It's a damn shame to lose any of them, but this guy had really paid his dues and earned a LOT of money for his connections. The old guys(Hewitts was 9) really hold a soft spot with me ... and to die that way ... Ugh!

He won his last race ...

He leaves us with the following record ... May this old war horse rest in peace ... although I'd have much preferred he were resting at a farm for many, many years instead ... :(

Career Statistics:

Starts: 51
Firsts: 9
Seconds: 10
Thirds: 7
Earnings: $408,173

So glad you are here!!!!!

And yes, very sad about Hewitts - he was a hard knocking guy. He should have had that happy retirement! May he RIP now.  :'(
Just another sh*tty day in Paradise

jjacks1

No La Hace
2007 (g) Forestry x Effectual by Carson City
17 starts 8-3-2 $116,780

Broke down past the wire in a $5k turf claimer at Meadowlands on 10/25/13. He finished 3/10.

May he RIP.  :'(

jjacks1

Mr Rabbits 2011 (g) Grand Reserve x Ocean's Spray by Gulch

Pulled up and euthanized after his first start at Finger Lakes on 10/28/13.

My Cousin Eddie 2008 (g) Eddington x Shake It On by Affirmed 24 starts 3-2-8 $49,231

Fractured left carpal Finger Lakes 10/26/13.

Magestick Tomahawk 2010 (f) Tomahawk x Light Up New York by Majestic Light 11 starts 0-1-1 $5,221

Fractured left front fetlock past the wire in a $4.5k Claimer at Finger Lakes on 10/26/13.

Irish Lady 2007 (m) Langfuhr x Renaissance Fair by Theatrical 30 starts 6-1-5 $102,468

Broke down running in an $8.5k Claimer at Finger Lakes on 10/26/13. Euthanized on track.

None of them were famous but I am sure they were loved. RIP.  :'(

Catalina

That's an awful lot in a very short time, at Finger Lakes. :(

May they all RIP, and may Finger Lakes get a handle on what is causing this.

Catalina

jjacks1

Now my heart is truly broken.  :'( I just LOVED Harlan's Holiday. WHY do they have to shuttle stallions? It has to be SO stressful for them. Only 14 years old.  :'( :'( :'(

I have added a memorial photo album of him here:
http://thoroughbredracingfans.com/forum/index.php?topic=107.0

Pics from his racing days through his stud career.
If anyone has other pictures, PLEASE post them. It would mean a lot to me. Thank you.  :'(

Catalina

RIP Secret Compass, who broke down in the BC Juvenile Fillies and had to be euthanized.

Lakeway

Quote from: Catalina on November 02, 2013, 01:30:57 PM
RIP Secret Compass, who broke down in the BC Juvenile Fillies and had to be euthanized.

RIP Secret Compass - far too young, and condolences to her connections...

serenassong

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

Dusty

Caixa Electronica - adding here for In Memoriam - RIP Strong warrior
May they run with the wind

BaroqueAgain1

Laughing, MSW daughter of Dansili. She had a four-race win streak coming into the BC F&M Turf. Another one lost to colic.  :'(
   http://www.paulickreport.com/news/thoroughbred-racing/laughing-dies-in-colic-surgery/

The Tin Man

Quote from: BaroqueAgain1 on January 07, 2014, 04:21:58 PM
Laughing, MSW daughter of Dansili. She had a four-race win streak coming into the BC F&M Turf. Another one lost to colic.  :'(
   http://www.paulickreport.com/news/thoroughbred-racing/laughing-dies-in-colic-surgery/

Here she was on Breeders' Cup Day. Boy was she beautiful!  :(

Just another reminder that we can't take any of our ponies for granted. 

Click on the pic to make her become a decent size.

Flanders

Old Friends lost both Patton and Sunshine Forever since the New Year started.

peeptoad

Sorry to hear about Hewitts. He fell off my radar awhile back, but I followed him for a long time at the beginning of his career.

Print
User actions