Why Not Just Leave American Pharoah On The East Coast

Started by afleetphil, August 30, 2015, 12:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afleetphil

Back and forth. Back and forth. What's the point of keep bringing him back west, when all of his races are in the east. Doesn't make sense to me. Any ideas.

Raven

Home Sweet Home?
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

curtis

Baffert wants to keep him close.

Catalina

Or he feels that AP cannot be cared for the way he wants elsewhere, or AP perks up back in the same barn with all his buddies, or any number of things.

Man o Taz

Quote from: curtis on August 31, 2015, 09:58:27 PM
Baffert wants to keep him close.

I do not blame him at all for wanting his prized possession close. I just hope they head to the BC at least two weeks before the race to give him some time to acclimate.

I see the Haskell as his Rebel and Arkansas Derby. The Travers his Kentucky Derby. He should be fit as a fiddle heading into the Breeders Cup Classic.

Is the race spacing ideal. No. But they can make it work. I believe Invasor has quite a bit of time off heading into the 2006 BC Classic and he did just fine taking on top class Bernardini. I do not know if there are any Bernardini's in the mix here, but there are some top class horses if Honor Code, Beholder, Liam's Map, and, who knows, maybe even Constitution gets involved. 

"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Print
User actions