Previous topic - Next topic

Senator L

Now open - Grand Prize box seats to 2015 Kentucky Derby www.winstarfarm.com

Good luck :chickendance:

peeptoad

Nice! Thanks Senator...

edit:
Can't say I particularly care for this rule though:
Each contestant will collect "purse winnings" for their stable each time one of their horses race and earn a purse. Free members start with $0; cam members start with $10,000; G3 members start with $25,000; G2 members start with $50,000; G1 members start with $100,000.

Catalina

Quote from: peeptoad on February 02, 2015, 04:08:52 PM
Nice! Thanks Senator...

edit:
Can't say I particularly care for this rule though:
Each contestant will collect "purse winnings" for their stable each time one of their horses race and earn a purse. Free members start with $0; cam members start with $10,000; G3 members start with $25,000; G2 members start with $50,000; G1 members start with $100,000.

I don't like it either, but since I've never come within $100,000 of winning this contest, I suppose it won't matter much.

Raven

If someone has the time and interest we can do our own contest!!
I'm interested .
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

serenassong

Quote from: Senator L on February 02, 2015, 02:18:44 PM
Now open - Grand Prize box seats to 2015 Kentucky Derby www.winstarfarm.com

Good luck :chickendance:

Saw that, gotta put on the thinking cap - I think we have until the 7th?
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

peeptoad

Quote from: Catalina on February 02, 2015, 05:08:33 PM
I don't like it either, but since I've never come within $100,000 of winning this contest, I suppose it won't matter much.

That's true...  ;)

Man o Taz

Me either.  :)
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Senator L

As for the extra 100,000 a G1 membership gets, I think that's great. Gives those people a little
extra yet still gives us freeloaders a chance! :chickendance: It's a shame Churchill Downs cancelled
Road to the Roses as it was. Amazing to think when they first started it you also won 10,000 to bet with
plus all the other goodies inc seats, flight and accommodation.
It would be a great promotion for Brisnet or DRF when you think about it.
Well, let's just hope someone from this board wins  :celebrate:
May the horses stay healthy :chickendance:

Catalina

Quote from: Senator L on February 03, 2015, 01:22:35 PM
It's a shame Churchill Downs cancelled
Road to the Roses as it was. Amazing to think when they first started it you also won 10,000 to bet with
plus all the other goodies inc seats, flight and accommodation.
It would be a great promotion for Brisnet or DRF when you think about it.

Yeah, the old Road to the Roses was by far the best contest.  You had to really sit there and plan out strategy to get anywhere, not only selecting your stables, but every single week . 

peeptoad

I think my stable is about set... the likely defection of Bolo from the Derby trail made one decision a little easier. I think that horse is a monster, but maybe his dirt works just were not what they were looking for.

Man o Taz

Quote from: peeptoad on February 04, 2015, 04:30:17 AM
I think my stable is about set... the likely defection of Bolo from the Derby trail made one decision a little easier. I think that horse is a monster, but maybe his dirt works just were not what they were looking for.

I still think that they should have tried him on dirt. Lime Rickey didn't like the dirt much, but they still tried him in the Wood to see. If you have a talented three year old, it can't hurt to run them in one race on dirt even if they don't like to work over the surface. Who knows, the horse might surprise you.

I liked Bolo and thought he had a shot. I have to recheck my list to make certain I didn't have him.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Print
User actions