The Rest of The BC Race Fields

Started by Man o Taz, October 28, 2014, 06:40:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man o Taz

RACE 11 BREEDERS' CUP MILE (GRADE I)   POST TIME - 4:40 PM

ENTRIES PLUS PPS & SELECTIONS
Exacta / Trifecta / Superfecta / Daily Double

Santa Anita Park STAKES

Purse $2,000,000. For Three-Year-Olds And Upward. Northern Hemisphere Three-Year-Olds, 123 Lbs.; Older, 126 Lbs. Southern Hemisphere Three-Year-Olds, 120 Lbs.; Older, 126 Lbs. All Fillies and Mares allowed 3 Lbs. $20,000 to pre-enter, $20,000 to enter, with guaranteed $2 million purse including travel awards of which 55% to the owner of the winner, 18% to second, 10% to third, 6% to fourth and 3% to fifth; plus travel awards to starters not based in California. One Mile. (Turf)
P#   PP   Horse   Virtual
Stable   A/S   Med   Jockey   Wgt   Trainer   M/L

1   Grand Arch (KY)      5/G   L   J R Velazquez   126   B A Lynch   20/1
2   Obviously (IRE)      6/G   L   J Talamo   126   P D'Amato   8/1
3   Veda (FR)      3/F   L1   C Soumillon   120   A de Royer Dupre   12/1
4   Mustajeeb (GB)      3/C   L1   P J Smullen   123   D K Weld   6/1
5   Toronado (IRE)      4/C   L1   R Hughes   126   R Hannon   5/2
6   Tom's Tribute (KY)      4/C   L   M E Smith   126   J M Cassidy   15/1
7   Kaigun (ON)      4/G   L   P Husbands   126   M E Casse   20/1
8   Trade Storm (GB)      6/H   L   J P Spencer   126   D Simcock   12/1
9   Anodin (IRE)      4/C      O Peslier   126   F Head   6/1
10   Summer Front (KY)      5/H   L   J Castellano   126   C Clement   30/1
11   Sayaad (KY)      4/C   L   J R Leparoux   126   K P McLaughlin   30/1
12   Seek Again (KY)      4/C   L   J Rosario   126   W I Mott   6/1
13   Tourist (KY)      3/C   L   R Napravnik   123   W I Mott   12/1
14   Karakontie (JPN)      3/C   L1   S Pasquier   123   J E Pease   10/1

Also Eligibles:
15   Mr. Commons (KY)      6/H   L   C S Nakatani   126   J A Shirreffs   30/1

Owners: 1 - Jim & Susan Hill; 2 - Anthony Fanticola & Joseph Scardino; 3 - HH The Aga Khan; 4 - Shadwell Stable; 5 - Al Shaqab Racing; 6 - Braly Family Trust; 7 - Gary Barber, Quintessential Racing Florida, LLC & Horse'n Around Racing Stable; 8 - Qatar Racing Limited; 9 - Wertheimer & Frere; 10 - Waterford Stable; 11 - Shadwell Stable; 12 - Juddmonte Farms; 13 - WinStar Farm LLC, Gary Barber & Wachtel Stable; 14 - Flaxman Holdings, Ltd.; 15 - St. George Farm Racing, LLC

Breeders: 1 - Hunter Valley Farm & S. Hillen; 2 - Miss Deidre Cogan; 3 - Haras de Son Altesse L'Aga Khan S.C.E.A.; 4 - Shadwell Estate Company Limited; 5 - Paul Nataf; 6 - Laura M. McKinney & Ouisha McKinney; 7 - William Sorokolit Racing Stable Inc.; 8 - G. T. Lucas; 9 - Wertheimer et Frere; 10 - Graceville Breeding; 11 - Vision Sales 2009, LLC; 12 - Juddmonte Farms Inc; 13 - WinStar Farm, LLC; 14 - Flaxman Holdings Limited; 15 - St. George Farm LLC

There are so many in this race even with the defection of Wise Dan.

I have always loved Toronado. If Treve had come I would be at Santa Anita, but Toronado almost got us there. Tourist, Sayaad, Grand Arch, Obviously - maybe I should pick the rest of the field too since I like Kaigun, Summer Front and Trade Storm as well. And I left off Mr. Comons. 
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

peeptoad

Friday:

SA5 Damascus
I'm liking #12 Unbridled's Note going turf to dirt. He's run well over the SA dirt before, and he's probably in the mix vs. these if he runs back to his Protero Grande effort.

SA7 Dirt Mile
I expect Goldencents to be prominent from the rail and win, but it wouldn't be a shock to see a horse like the #4 Pants on Fire win. He's in a much better post than he got for this race last year, and really hasn't run a bad race since, with the exception of the race in Japan. I'm also liking #9 Tapiture if they blaze on the front end and he's able to close on this track. The #2 Carve offers some real value and I'm including him in exotics.

No real strong opinions about the juvenile races though I do like Imperia in the sprint race and Lady Eli in the juvenile fillies a bit. Might throw a little something on those two if they offer any decent value.
in the Twilight Derby I might key #11 Ring Weekend over the 2 Talco, and the 12 Yard Line. The 12 offers good value on the front end. Might take em wire-wire though I think this is Ring Weekend's race to lose.

Man o Taz

Let The Racing Commence.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

peeptoad

BC Saturday

These are the races I am likely to bet, although I have 'capped the entire card:

race 3: #11 Fanticola- I will hammer this one at the 15/1  ML. Speed figs line up with the rest, the distance and configuration are no problem, adds blinkers.

race 4: Top Decile and Puca exacta box, plus WP on Top Decile

race 6: Stonetastic for the win, and I also like Artemis Agrotera

race 7: Ambitious Brew and Home Run Kitten are my top 2. Not sure how to bet yet. Might throw in Silentio somewhere.

race 11: Tourist for the upset!!!  I'll cover with Toronado, Trade Storm, and maybe Kaigun

good luck

Man o Taz

Did pretty good yesterday - but then again mostly favorites came in.

Today I am hoping for Artemis Agrotera since I know some of the connections.

Other than that, I just hope its a safe trip for all and an exciting day of racing.

Man o Taz

Judy the Beauty scores...

My Artemis Agrotera faded. Didn't seem like she liked the track at all.

Man o Taz

So, the horse that Stonestreet bred and sold for $17,000 just beat the horse they bought for $1.6 million in the BC Juvenile. Go figure.

Print
User actions