Its The Week Before The BC Championships - Where Is Everyone?

Started by Man o Taz, October 24, 2014, 07:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man o Taz

Well - I know where a couple of you are...but where are the rest.  ;D
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

The Tin Man

I've been super busy lately Taz ... but I'll be at Clock's corner bright and early early tomorrow and Sunday ... eager to check out all the visiting ponies!  :)

serenassong

I assume with camera in hand ?  :thumbsup:
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

Man o Taz

I AM so envious TTM. Glad you've been busy. Busy is good.

The BC is shaping up to be a lot of fun this year with all the British invaders, and the BC Classic, Turf and Distaff looking like they could be particularly tough.

I know you have it so tough - how do you choose between Bayern, Chrome and Shared Belief. You have been all over each of these horses at one time or another. I feel the same way. Baywern - named after my favorite soccer team and a grandson of Wild Again whose finish in the inaugural BC is among the best ever, though Zenyatta's 2009 finish is probably edging a bit ahead of that...Shared Belief who I absolutely had at the top of my Derby list until he withdrew, and Chrome who I fell in love with after his San Felipe win, and Tonalist who is East Coast and by one of my favorite sires - Tapit (though I don't think he has a chance on this track).

Plus, is it the BC filly/mare turf sprint that has 29 horses nominated with the former winner Regally Ready 7th on the also eligible list?

Wow.

I have to start watching the works but we'll be miles away.

"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

afleetphil

Whose going to win this thing. Having trouble figuring it out.

peeptoad

I'm way out of the loop this year due to work and some other events this month... really going to have to bone up in the upcoming week.
I have one thought off the top of my head: if Tourist makes the Mile field I think he's worth a play at boxcar odds.

Senator L

Quote from: peeptoad on October 25, 2014, 05:57:55 AM
I'm way out of the loop this year due to work and some other events this month... really going to have to bone up in the upcoming week.
I have one thought off the top of my head: if Tourist makes the Mile field I think he's worth a play at boxcar odds.

Got your wish :chickendance:
The post is tough to take though

peeptoad

Quote from: Senator L on October 28, 2014, 07:31:45 AM
Got your wish :chickendance:
The post is tough to take though

Yeah tough post... need to take a look at the entire field anyway now that they've drawn in.

Senator L

I think I am going with #2 Obviously
If Talamo can even slow him down a little I think he can wire this field
Male Euro faves are 0 for 10 in this race the last 10 years and that includes
Rock of Gibralter  :chickendance:

Print
User actions