New Confirmation Photos

Started by jjacks1, October 26, 2013, 01:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjacks1

Smiling Tiger. Thanks to mariasmon at TBC for this photo. Wish I could join in the discussion there.  :'(

Gorgeous isn't he?

Just another sh*tty day in Paradise

Flanders

I think he is a pretty color and if I cover up his head/neck I think he looks good.  There is just something weird going on in his neck area.  It looks like his head/neck do not transition into his body well.  I think its high withers and/or low neck placement.

jjacks1

Quote from: Flanders on October 27, 2013, 10:35:40 PM
I think he is a pretty color and if I cover up his head/neck I think he looks good.  There is just something weird going on in his neck area.  It looks like his head/neck do not transition into his body well.  I think its high withers and/or low neck placement.
If you had to pick, which stallion would come closest to the conformation ideal?

Flanders

Quote from: jjacks1 on October 28, 2013, 10:10:17 AM
If you had to pick, which stallion would come closest to the conformation ideal?
haha  I have no idea.  I really don't know much about conformation.  I'd probably have to look at tons of pics to find an ideal.  I do still think they are all beautiful, even with their flaws.
I do think that Medaglia D'Oro is fabulous looking.

ThreeMustangs

Quote from: Flanders on October 28, 2013, 11:36:31 PM
haha  I have no idea.  I really don't know much about conformation.  I'd probably have to look at tons of pics to find an ideal.  I do still think they are all beautiful, even with their flaws.

Agree. I saw him win the Donn at Gulfstream and he was just stunning. I haven't seen him in person, but I think Dixie Rags is outstanding.

jjacks1

Quote from: Flanders on October 28, 2013, 11:36:31 PM

;D I don't know that much either, that's why I asked. Trying to learn something.  ;D But I love Medaglia d'Oro so I will go stare at some pictures of him and see if there are any details I haven't memorized!  ;)

serenassong

Personally, I'm a sucker for Americain. Nice solid horse, good bone, shoulder and butt are nice- and he was quite the globe trotter.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/stallion-register/stallions/166122/americain
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

Charlie

Smiling Tiger looks so awkward because he has sharp withers and a neck that ties in oddly, isn't that an ewe neck? (I always get the terms for neck faults confused.) He just isn't balanced. His legs look nice though. Kinda weird how the tail is over his hock though.

Americain is put together really well with good bone, but he isn't what I'd call "pretty". Kinda rough looking, but isn't that common for Dynaformers?

Print
User actions