Siblings & Progeny of Famous Horses

Started by Zenyatta, October 26, 2013, 11:20:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenyatta

Let's start this thread off with .....

Bill of Rights, a full to Colonel John and Mr Hot Stuff, finished 2nd in the 2nd at Keeneland today.

The Ramseys, who claimed him before, won the race with another horse, and claimed back Bill of Rights, who prior to this race had won, I believe, 2 in a row on the turf.

Goldi

STANWYCK, half to Giacomo and Tiago, won the Turnback the Alarm at BEL this afternoon.

Zenyatta

Quote from: Goldi on October 26, 2013, 02:22:58 PM
STANWYCK, half to Giacomo and Tiago, won the Turnback the Alarm at BEL this afternoon.

I had a feeling she was regally bred, but couldn't remember who her siblings were.  I want a piece of her dam. 3 graded stakes winners so far.

She has a 2 year old filly by Medaglia D'Oro called "Rutile," which is an interesting name. Wonder if Anne Moss likes rutile quartz, which is a type of gemstone that has rutile (titanium dioxide) needles running through it.

Goldi

GUNDERSON, 3yo half to HANSEN, comes into KEE off a long layoff, and breaks his maiden in the finale today, a MdCl50000

Goldi

Fans of DYNAFORMER might want to keep an eye on his son INNOVATION ECONOMY, who displayed an impressive and long late move breaking his maiden in BEL 1, on turf. Have no idea why he went off at 20-1.

serenassong

Serene Melody
Your Comment: Street Cry x Serena's Song '10

Date: October 31, 2013
Track: Betfair Hollywood Park
Distance: Five Furlongs
Time: 1.01:80
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: All Weather Track

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

Zenyatta

How many siblings and progeny of famous horsss are running in the BC this weekend? I'll contribute the first one. Will Take Charge, brother of Take Charge Indy and offspring of Take Charge Lady,  runs in the classic tomorrow. And he looked positively stunning galloping over the track the other day.

serenassong

Serene Melody

Date: November 5, 2013
Distance: Four Furlongs
Time: 49:80
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: All Weather Track

Mythbusters

serenassong

Stretching out on the weeds, which makes sense

Serene Melody

Date: November 10, 2013

Race: 6
Distance: One And One Sixteenth Miles
Surface: Turf
Race Type: Maiden Special Weight
Purse: $45,000
Jockey: Victor Espinoza
Trainer: John A. Shirreffs
  Last Raced: 09/04/2013 at DEL MAR in Race 10
Finish Position: 2nd

Mythbusters

Zenyatta

Puddifoot, who won the Juvenile Fillies Sprint Stakes @ Gulfstream today, is by Red Giant out of multiple stakes winner Theresa's Tizzy.

I'd also put her in the "Promising Late Bloomers" thread.  She is now 2 for 2.

Flanders

Abaco (Giant's Causeway - Cat Cay) won the G3 Cardinal H. on Saturday (11/9).  It was her first Stakes win, after finishing second 3 times.  I also believe that I read at one point, she is the last direct female line descendant of Relaxing in the Phipps racing or broodmare band.

BaroqueAgain1

Serene Melody looked like she was going to run down and blow by Woodys Wharf...but she hung. Then they  both got run down by Sensationalize (Street Sense). SM finished third.

Lakeway

Quote from: Flanders on November 10, 2013, 02:48:21 PM
Abaco (Giant's Causeway - Cat Cay) won the G3 Cardinal H. on Saturday (11/9).  It was her first Stakes win, after finishing second 3 times.  I also believe that I read at one point, she is the last direct female line descendant of Relaxing in the Phipps racing or broodmare band.

I'm fairly certain you're right. I do know that she's the only daughter, still belonging to the Phipps, from her dam Cat Cay who was o/o Cadillacing (a full to Easy Goer). Cat Cay was sold in 2011 and I found a death report on her this year. So hoping that Abaco will become part of the Phipps broodmare band... Sure do miss Cladan, who posted on TBC, as he/she kept us posted as to what was going on with all of the Phipps/Janney horses...

jjacks1

Just another sh*tty day in Paradise

serenassong

Quote from: BaroqueAgain1 on November 10, 2013, 03:48:03 PM
  Serene Melody looked like she was going to run down and blow by Woodys Wharf...but she hung. Then they  both got run down by Sensationalize (Street Sense). SM finished third.

Not a bad effort, makes sense to try her again here, but this is the second time she has hung in deep stretch.  Only missed by 2 heads.
Mythbusters

Print
User actions