G3 Bayshore Stakes - East Meets West II - Kobe's Back vs. The Rest

Started by Man o Taz, April 04, 2014, 12:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man o Taz

Purse $300,000. For Three Year Olds. No nomination fee. $1,500 to pass the entry box and an additional$1,500 to start. A supplemental nomination fee of $6,000 in addition to the entry and starting fees may be made at any time prior to the closing of entries. The purse to be divided 60% to the winner, 20% to second, 10% to third, 5% to fourth, 3% to fifth and 2% divided equally among the remaining finishers. 123 Lbs. Non-winners of a graded sweepstake in 2014 or $100,000 allowed 3 Lbs.; $60,000 other than resticted stakeor two races in 2014, 5 Lbs.; $40,000; or three races other than maiden or claiming, 7 Lbs. A trophy will be presented to the winning owner. Closed Saturday, March 22, 2014 with 35 Nominations. Seven Furlongs.
P#   PP   Horse   Virtual
Stable   A/S   Med   Jockey   Wgt   Trainer   M/L
1   1   Charleymillionaire (NJ)   3/C   L   I Ortiz, Jr.   116   G D Sacco    30/1
2   2   Oliver Zip (KY)              3/C   L   R Maragh   120   K J Breen    10/1
3   3   Financial Mogul (KY)      3/C   L   J L Ortiz   116   R A Violette, Jr.    8/1
4   4   Coup de Grace (KY)      3/C   L   J Castellano   116   C C Brown   4/1
5   5   Loki's Vengeance (NY)   3/C   L   M Franco   116   M E Hushion   15/1
6   6   Favorite Tale (PA)      3/G   L   J L Flores   120   G Preciado   5/1
7   7   The Admiral (KY)      3/C   L   M Garcia   116   B Baffert   3/1
8   8   Kobe's Back (KY)      3/C   L   C S Nakatani   123   J W Sadler   2/1
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Dance With Gable

Are there any Derby points awarded for this race or is Kobe's Back officially off the Derby trail?

Man o Taz

No Derby points. And unfortunately, it would not have made a difference with his bad start.

I think they are setting him up for shorter races for the summer.

I hope he comes back for the Woody Stephens on Belmont Day. I think the sandy Belmont Track may resemble Santa Anita better than Aqueduct's track and then, who knows, maybe the King's Bishop? 
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.