Dubai Carnival

Started by Man o Taz, March 28, 2014, 06:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man o Taz

Here are the free PPs for the Saturday races at Dubai...

http://www.equibase.com/special/dubai14.pdf

I'll be cheering for Ron The Greek, Cat o' Mountain (how can you not like a Thunder Kitten baby), Red Cadeaux and Ruler of the World in the DWC. Have I left any out?

In the Dubai Sheema - Dunaden, Gentildonna and Magician...

In the Dubai Duty Free - Dank, the Fugue and Mishawish...

In the Golden Shaheen - Krypton Factor, Complicate and Bello...

In the Sprint Catcall, Shea Shea, and Berlino di Tiger...

In the UAE Derby - is there anyone else besides Giovanni Boldini - I'll also take Jallotta and Sir Jack Layden

In the Dubai Gold Cup - Joshua Tree, Dubadiyan, and Ernest Hemingway...

In the Goldolphin Mile - Shuruq, Elleval and Flotilla...

"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

serenassong

Quote from: Man o Taz on March 28, 2014, 06:56:15 AM
Here are the free PPs for the Saturday races at Dubai...

http://www.equibase.com/special/dubai14.pdf

I'll be cheering for Ron The Greek, Cat o' Mountain (how can you not like a Thunder Kitten baby), Red Cadeaux and Ruler of the World in the DWC. Have I left any out?

In the Dubai Sheema - Dunaden, Gentildonna and Magician...

In the Dubai Duty Free - Dank, the Fugue and Mishawish...

In the Golden Shaheen - Krypton Factor, Complicate and Bello...

In the Sprint Catcall, Shea Shea, and Berlino di Tiger...

In the UAE Derby - is there anyone else besides Giovanni Boldini - I'll also take Jallotta and Sir Jack Layden

In the Dubai Gold Cup - Joshua Tree, Dubadiyan, and Ernest Hemingway...

In the Goldolphin Mile - Shuruq, Elleval and Flotilla...

Love the highlighted ones- and it would be so cool if Ruler of the World won the DWC- how could a horse be more appropriately named than that one?
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

Man o Taz

True. ROTW would have been perfect.

Well, Toast of New York did it in the UAE Derby.

Gentildonna did it spectacularly in the Sheema Classic.

African Story gave Godolphin - I think its 5th win in the Dubai World Cup...

Just A Way gave Japan another win in the Dubai Duty Free.

Amber Sky set a course record in the Al Quoz Sprint.

South Africa's Variety Club held off Soft Falling Rain in the Godolphin Mile.

South Africa's Certerach upsets 2013 winner Cavalryman in the Dubai Gold Cup. In a sign of sportsmanship Sheik Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum withdrew the objection lodged by his rider as his trainer Saeed bin Suroor gave the message to the stewards.

This was the highlight of the day for me because the cameras went into the steward's room for the interview with the jockeys. Boy could the US and other nations even learn from this transparency. 

Cavalryman showed he was definitely the best horse in the race, but I think his jockey deserves all the blame for not getting him off the rail sooner to compete...when finally free he came full of run, but it was too late. Sad loss for Godolphin who had been undefeated in the race until this point.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.