Main Menu

Horses to watch!

Started by The Tin Man, March 05, 2014, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Tin Man

Thought I'd start a new thread to pimp up and coming horses who catch our eye and intrigue us ...

My pimp for tonight?

Nashoba's Gold ... 1/2 sister to the phenomenal and ill-fated Nashoba's Key ...

I was at her debut race on February 8th ... A Maiden Special Weight which she won stylishly ... Rallying from the back of the back to nail them at the wire. She and another horse were the only 1st timers in the field of 8 ... She posted a 97 Equibase Speed Figure(Which I'm guessing is around a 92 Beyer or so) ...

She goes in The China Doll Stakes this coming Saturday at Santa Anita in a field of 13 ... If she pulls this one off, in my opinion, we'll be looking at a new star out here ...

And just like her Big sister, Smokin' Joe has the mount! 

The Tin Man

Nashoba's Gold ... Not the greatest picture ... but it's the best one I've got so far ...

(Click on it to make it bigger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

serenassong

Wonder if she's got big sis's attitude as well- there is also another half sibling named St. Malo's Gate that I have been watching- hoping that she would do a bit better.  Hasn't run since Oct of last year- and no works lately.

Sorry- didn't mean to overtake this- getting back on topic-

Avanzare was second by a short nose last time out with some light bumping, otherwise would be undefeated.  I see a stake in this one future.
http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Horse&refno=9037505&registry=T
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters